No announcement yet.

My m52 budget swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well bad news folks. Today a lady pulled out in front of me and I didn’t have any time to stop. Frame is not bent, thankfully. Just trying to figure out the next best move. Engine is fine. Starts fine. Steers fine. Driveshaft is toast. Broke a mount on the transmission but it’s rubber so it’s whatever. Really hoping it’s not totaled. Have already have a few friends reach out with some parts. Hood, fender, bumpers, etc. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That sucks! It's really hard to get an ins company to not total an old car that is not a std classic. They look at fair market value and usually the cars are valued how the "enthusiasts" values them.Glad you are ok!

Comment

Originally posted by jbontke View Post
        That sucks! It's really hard to get an ins company to not total an old car that is not a std classic. They look at fair market value and usually the cars are valued how the "enthusiasts" values them.Glad you are ok!
        Car did a GREAT job protecting me. Just wish it wasn't this damaged. Damn rock chips (lol)

Comment

To get the insurance company to give you the correct amount of money that the car is worth, send them copies of the latest sales figures from BringaTrailer. That will show them what these cars are really worth.

Comment

I was really sorry to hear about your accident. But, if you need a replacement: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...0-swap-5-speed

Comment

So some news. My car came back with a 20k evaluation so I got a nice 9k check and I get to keep the car. I’m currently pursuing purchasing another cheap shell, this time it’s white and it’s a convertible. I loved riding around in my friend’s red E30. It’s just fun. I’ll end up spending a good bit of change redoing the interior and replacing the soft top, but I think it’s the best option here financially. Will just swap the drivetrain over and start spending money. I’ll probably put ground control coil overs on it at some point. Can’t wait to cruise around in my little convertible. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another little update. Car has a 3.73 open rear diff which is perfect for the M52 + G260 (a 3.73 LSD would be the icing on the cake but I can wait) but the timing belt broke so its basically a rolling shell for me. I think the paint can be brought back, as its single stage. Was told it was an '88 but I'm waiting to see for sure. Either way, my M52 harness has the provisions for a non-CEL car so I can figure it out. A new top with labor at a great local shop was quoted to be $1100. Not bad. Needs a new fuel tank so I'll be swapping mine in when I drop and swap the subframe (not using my 4.10 this time)

Comment

Got the car today She needs love. A lot of love. Seats are currently stuck in the rails. I have zero hope for these seats being salvageable. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did that car get wet on the inside?

Comment

Did that car get wet on the inside?
                      Yeah lol but it’s not too bad Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tell us about the $20,000 evaluation for your old car. Did you send them some info, or did they come up with that number on their own?

Comment

Originally posted by twright View Post
                          Tell us about the $20,000 evaluation for your old car. Did you send them some info, or did they come up with that number on their own?
                          They came up with that on their own, after I sent pictures and answered a few questions honestly. Like I told them I just recovered the seat, replaced the stereo, etc. Power mirrors, manual sunroof, etc. I didn't even need to send them receipts. I was pretty surprised myself honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by 128keaton View Post

They came up with that on their own, after I sent pictures and answered a few questions honestly. Like I told them I just recovered the seat, replaced the stereo, etc. Power mirrors, manual sunroof, etc. I didn't even need to send them receipts. I was pretty surprised myself honestly.
                            Who was car insurance provider?

Comment

Who was car insurance provider?
                              Geico. Standard insurance, cost me $57/mo

Comment

Working...
                              X