My 24v long term swap :) S54 I Love.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gooch
    replied
    Sub-scribed. Can't wait.

    Leave a comment:


  • glucklich21
    replied
    Sub'd for sexiness.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wanganstyle
    replied
    mmmm heavy duty engine setup tool fetish.... I kinda want a giant honda degree wheel setup also lol

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanganstyle
    Consulted my machine shop today, they said nobody they knew local had the setup to do it, they had one but was broken, may ask Elgin cams up north.

    I may just fixture and dial gauge...... We will see ;)
    There was a set on ebay for $300, tempting....

    What went wrong at 8400? I'd think 8100-8200 would be relatively safe?
    Last edited by nando; 08-09-2011, 07:40 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wanganstyle
    replied
    Originally posted by gobuffs
    I won't track another S54 without upgrading the rod bolts and bearings. The mains were done for peace of mind.



    I had the same question.
    Did you have a severe failure?

    My last unit did not have bottom end failure when stressed to 8400rpm and 170mph OVER, often times running very "experimental" mapping.

    EMS is still up in the air, I still have my Pnp Dta s100 harness which may be used, many other ideas have been floating in my reckless brain.

    Hoveringuy; I will probably be consulting with you for advice (if your schedule permits).

    Leave a comment:


  • bloodshot-e30
    replied
    ohhhhh myyyy gawddddddd

    this build is gonna be titties!

    Leave a comment:


  • Wanganstyle
    replied
    history
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 12-28-2016, 10:22 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wanganstyle
    replied
    history
    Last edited by Wanganstyle; 12-28-2016, 10:22 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Did you find anyone that would measure the cams?

    Leave a comment:


  • jrdeamicis
    replied
    This shop is going to have some disgusting projects going. And only more to come.

    Leave a comment:


  • ACHTUNG
    replied
    Wangan...you have style.

    Leave a comment:


  • gobuffs
    replied
    Originally posted by e30polak
    If you plan to track it, why not go with better coated rod bearings? Also, will you be swapping to ARP rod bolts?
    I won't track another S54 without upgrading the rod bolts and bearings. The mains were done for peace of mind.

    Originally posted by hoveringuy
    Which EMS are you using?
    I had the same question.

    Leave a comment:


  • hoveringuy
    replied
    Subscribed. Please take lots of pictures and document this!

    Which EMS are you using?

    Leave a comment:


  • brian52555
    replied
    Excited to see this at the shop... subscribed

    Leave a comment:


  • e30polak
    replied
    If you plan to track it, why not go with better coated rod bearings? Also, will you be swapping to ARP rod bolts?

    Leave a comment:

Working...