• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    which headers? ebay?
    Yeah. I got them with the engine. :)

Thanks FredK for the accelerator pedal pinout. :up:
    Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

How do they fit? I have a set, the flange alignment is awful...
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

s54 swap

I also used e-bay headers black ceramic,for the price so far so good. P.S. IT sounds GREAT don't be shy to rev that bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
          It's kinda dark, but here's the video when I first started it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9AbR_s7b8g
          I like how smooth it is. :D
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Nice work. Congrats on getting it done!
            Any pics of the brake bomb mounted?

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Great swap! You looked totally stoked when you first started it lol

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                How do they fit? I have a set, the flange alignment is awful...
                Yeah one of the flanges was way off. The Chinese need a better template! I had the exhaust shop put them on. They had to use a crow bar or something. Then after I took them off to put longer studs in the engine I didn't have a problem putting them back on. I guess they conformed due to the heat.

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                Nice work. Congrats on getting it done!
                Any pics of the brake bomb mounted?
                I'll take some pix later. I mounted it just below the booster above the steering linkage.
                Last edited by Andrew325is; 02-15-2012, 06:53 PM.

Comment

parts list for dropping the engine for future swappers?

Comment

Originally posted by darvo View Post
                    parts list for dropping the engine for future swappers?
                    If I gave you a complete parts list then you wouldn't have any fun. :D

Comment

Beautiful car Andy, Id love to see it in person some time! :D

Cheers.
                      -Nick
                      Originally posted by 87e30
                      First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkD View Post
                        True you don't have to, but people who make track cars usually want that. So I mentioned I can do it, as I spent a lot of time with IDA Pro to figure out how to do it. I custom make each file so you can have whatever you like. And I know people are also wondering about price - I charge around $2100 for a file with all mods including EWS removal, and a bit less if you don't get the "full package". Then it can go as low as $1800

I believe these prices are very competitive.

To see the s54 swap into e36 that I worked on in 2005, have a look here:
                        http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...=423895&page=5 (post 103)

Mark
                        I've dealt with MarkD for my dme tune on my euro s50 and couldn't be happier, service was good and turn around time was great. Mark is a great guy to talk to about what exactly you want done and gives great advice. If anything else gets swapped in my car I'll be sure to return my business recommend anyone to do so. Couldn't be happier. Thanks Mark

Comment

LOL

Comment

Exactly. Do the legwork and it's so much more rewarding.

Comment

Very nice clean swap.

A little word of advice though.. If you ever have to remove the pan I would rethink the oil pump nut reinforcement. I used to think it wasn't necessary until I encountered this..

Its not the torque that works it loose its vibration from the harmonic balancer over time that eventually fatigues it and 1 hour worth of installing a safety nut / tack weld > rebuilding an oil starved engine.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                                Very nice clean swap.

A little word of advice though.. If you ever have to remove the pan I would rethink the oil pump nut reinforcement. I used to think it wasn't necessary until I encountered this..

Its not the torque that works it loose its vibration from the harmonic balancer over time that eventually fatigues it and 1 hour worth of installing a safety nut / tack weld > rebuilding an oil starved engine.
                                That can't be good. ;) I've heard the sprocket nut on euro S50/S54's is less likely to come loose but I might do something about it if I ever take the pan off again. Good tip. :up:

Comment

Working...
                                X