Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z3M/E39M5 Accelerator pedal potentiometer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z3M/E39M5 Accelerator pedal potentiometer?

Anyone ever tried taking one of those and fitting it in an E30? Part# 13621407446. For the purpose of not replacing the original accelerator pedal.

A 324td uses a similar setup, maybe one could source parts from one to make it happen, of just fab something up.
    My 325I Mtech1 S54 Build

I have one I am playing with but haven't fitted to the car yet, I might try to take a few minutes to see what I can do with it this weekend

My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
    4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

Here was someones else's idea and seems like it would work ok

My M20 Frankenbuild(s)
      4 Sale - Fully Built TurnKey Megasquirt Plug and Play EMS

Comment

you could probably make it work, but check out the parts prices. it will cost you at least 3-4x as much as it would to use a regular DBW pedal from an E46.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Problem here is that sensor is exposed to the hot engine bay as well as some possible moisture coming from the front during rain driving.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Why would you do that.. It's meant to be mounted to the pedal linkage inside the car, not the end of a cable. lol.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I don't think it's a bad option if you figure out a way to mount it inside the car. There isn't a great way to fit the e46 pedal inside the car, and failures are too common IMO... The Z3M/e39 piece may be prone to fail as well though, I don't know anything about it. I like DBW, but I do not like the pedal
              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I think you can make it work pretty well, but it's just expensive. You'd need all the linkage and stuff from a Z3 or E39. Probably would take a little welding, but nothing crazy.

Can't you weld the clips onto the floorboard for the E46 pedal? what about the E90 pedal? I think they are electrically the same, but have been wondering. They might be easier to mount, dunno..
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Anyone have photos of this completed?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                  @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I'm also looking forward to his cool "test"bob the robber

Comment

Bizzaro World.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                      X