This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant Expansion Tank:

I used this on my first M54 swap car. It is a pure track car with no IHKA, so no heater hoses. It works OK, but has to be twisted awkwardly in places to avoid abrasion on the alternator and the frame rail pinch weld.
    This is a E46 part. **Water pipe to lower expansion tank**
    PN 11531436410

I'm planning on using it again for my current build with IHKA, and also using Jordan's specified hose PN 64216951946 to connect from a T or Y to the lower heater core connector.

I am still searching for an affordable source for the T or Y, and the upper heater core connector to the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by redneckvtek View Post
      That fitting is $20, and you need two.

This is the OEM BMW fuel line, which avoids POS dorman stuff.
      BMW Fuel Line - Genuine BMW 16122229410
      It's $16 from summit and that's a package of TWO.

Dorman is hardly a POS manufacturer.

The quick connect fitting is *NOT* a hose barb. Clamping a rubber hose onto it may "work", but you run the risk of damaging the inner lining of the hose because, well, it's not a hose barb.

Comment

What are y'all doing about AC fans and compressor kicking on?

gpeterson CAN box don't appear to be available, and from reading they seemed to have lots of issues.

Comment

Did your motor originally an ms54.1 dme/harness? I see the reference when you were wiring your coils and was curious

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy Sandbag View Post

gpeterson CAN box don't appear to be available, and from reading they seemed to have lots of issues.
            Love to hear this too since I am having a hard time with my CAN
            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I'm looking into having my idle rpm increased permanently to account for the AC kicking on. I figure it'll be only driven in warm weather anyway, so I'll be using the AC often, and people have done the increased rpm as a fix to lightweight flywheel rattle already.

Comment

I had a question about the AC conversion. I want to assume that the pressure switch and dryer/receiver came from the donor. Also, the o-rings would need to be converted over to viton. I'm researching to do this swap on an e28 so a lot of the same issues carry over

My Daily Driven 318is

Comment

Mmm, seems to me like they would be E30 parts. Although I'm in a bit different situation since my E30 is already converted to R134a, so I'm expecting to just get hoses made for the M54 compressor, pressure up the system and that's that.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarian View Post
                    seems to me like they would be E30 parts ... just get hoses made for the M54 compressor, pressure up the system and that's that.
                    Bingo. That's what I did. Pulled the hard lines from the e30 compressor and the m54 compressor and a radiator shop mated them up. Plumbed through a new e30 dryer.

Unless you're doing your own brazing, it's best to bring the car to the shop doing the work so they can take appropriate measurements. Hard lines don't conform!

Comment

How did you get the LF-30 power steering pump and associate bracket to work? I could not mount it because the feed elbow that connects to the fluid supply from the reservoir hits the oil pan which causes the mounting holes not to line up with the ones on the oil filter housing

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy Sandbag View Post

Anyone can help us to make Air conditioning on signal and check engine light without can bus or can controller for that... It will be a great help for m54 swaps...

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

Comment

With the 328/m3 driveshaft, will I need to put the e30 CSB on? Medium Diff 2.93 and ZF320 5 speed trans.

Comment

Originally posted by NvE30 View Post
                            How did you get the LF-30 power steering pump and associate bracket to work? I could not mount it because the feed elbow that connects to the fluid supply from the reservoir hits the oil pan which causes the mounting holes not to line up with the ones on the oil filter housing
                            I'm using the stock PS pump from the 2001 Z3 M54B30. It didn't fit for the same reason. What did you end up doing? I bought some plate steel from the local warehouse and cut it to extend the mounting point away from the oil pan. The belt needs to be longer, and I discovered that the Continental belts are numerous. 6 ribs and a measurement in mm. So, stock for the M54 is 6PK 1538. Once I set it outward, I took a measurement and came up with 1590mm. Turns out some Audi uses the same, so that's what I'm using. My E30 M54 swap isn't done yet, but this seems to fit just fine.

Comment

I need someone to take my N52 oil pan an adopt it to the M54.

Comment

Great guide as we all can agree. I have a 05 330ci with the same 6 speed box so this guide will be ideal. My one might have the MS45 so will need to tweak the harness.

I'm in Ireland and it RHD steering so exhaust etc. is mostly a custom job so yeah, it'll be fun.

I do plan to share my experience here and also on my YouTube (https://youtube.com/@noorshah96). I have started getting the parts now so should be Starting soon 🤞

One thing I'm gonna add, sorry if it was already mentioned - From another build thread on here, I've realised that along with the 728i oil pickup, the sump can be used too. I have that ordered, will obviously update how I get on with that.

Thanks 👍🏼

Noor

Comment

Working...
                                X