S54 swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FredK View Post
    Oh? Is deleting DSC over CAN on that list too?
    Of course.

Comment

There is already someone that can get the s54 and s62 running on the factory DME in your e30, with wiring instructions for 900 euros, but you have to send your DME to Germany. ;)
      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

The good old knowledge of the motherland. Who would that be?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

they are out there... One of my friends provided the engine for this one

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

Originally posted by e304me View Post
            Has anyone thought of just using megasquirt? I think they should be able to control vanos by now?
            there haven't been enough people testing the vanos code so I don't know if it works directly, but it can totally run it on a fixed map with a couple of the spare PWM outputs - MS3 of course.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              there haven't been enough people testing the vanos code so I don't know if it works directly, but it can totally run it on a fixed map with a couple of the spare PWM outputs - MS3 of course.
              The VANOS is the easiest part to control on the S54. 10X easier than the M54! No PWM is even required... With two solenoids per cam one is the "fill" and one is the "drain". Fill until you get the right position and stop. The cam is hydraulically locked in that position until it's moved again.

As far as Megasquirt, yes it can be done... the challenge on the S54 is that the cam sensor wheels on the S54 look much different than what we're used to on M50s.

If I ever get my hands on an S54 I would like to adapt my VANOS board to both control the cams AND to translate the s54 cam signals into M50-speak so that Megasquirt/413 ECU's could run it.

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post
                The VANOS is the easiest part to control on the S54. 10X easier than the M54! No PWM is even required... With two solenoids per cam one is the "fill" and one is the "drain". Fill until you get the right position and stop. The cam is hydraulically locked in that position until it's moved again.

As far as Megasquirt, yes it can be done... the challenge on the S54 is that the cam sensor wheels on the S54 look much different than what we're used to on M50s.

If I ever get my hands on an S54 I would like to adapt my VANOS board to both control the cams AND to translate the s54 cam signals into M50-speak so that Megasquirt/413 ECU's could run it.
                If I bought an s54 would you want to do it to my car :-P

Comment

Omg

Saturday got my street car, E36 325is (M-Technic actually) running and on the road with the DTA run S54.

CF intake, motorsport clone with 8 inch opening
                  Euro headers, ie no cats
                  AA E36 race exhaust, straightpipe, no resonator
                  Otherwise stock engine

OMG...raped ape fast.

WAY too loud for street with the AA exhaust without resonator, will HAVE to fit something different asap. Hope the resonator will be enough for the street once put in, the quality is fine on all the parts, using BW converter part to the headers with minimal modification.

Will have locals driving it during the next week or so to chime in...

Needs some fine tuning on cold start etc...what a blast.
                  sigpic
                  Trying to make the world a better place, 6 TB at a time.
                  http://abloriginalparts.com/

Comment

Pics ASAP :D

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Yea, working on it.

I'm picky (a bit) on appearances, looking to find a source for the superflexible silicone hose in 22mm or 1 inch ID. (Black version)

Have a run of it in blue, and it takes away from the appearance of the install.

Also, the euro heat shielding made contact with the fan, not sure why, should have worked, but I'm uncertain as to which clutch/fan I put on from a stack of them off the shelf. First one had a bad clutch, so that was no help.
                      Second rubbed. My home brew alum 1/4 reservoir tubing will look better in that shield...

As a completely silly side issue, its a nice swap from a leaky M50 to a clean engine too, freshly helicoiled sections on the oilpan, and different PS system that doesn't leak etc...

Will post up really soon, too fun not to share the enthusiasm. I know this is an E36, but it will work on your guy's cars as well.

Alex.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M3 euro ltw View Post
                        Saturday got my street car, E36 325is (M-Technic actually) running and on the road with the DTA run S54.

CF intake, motorsport clone with 8 inch opening
                        Euro headers, ie no cats
                        AA E36 race exhaust, straightpipe, no resonator
                        Otherwise stock engine

OMG...raped ape fast.

WAY too loud for street with the AA exhaust without resonator, will HAVE to fit something different asap. Hope the resonator will be enough for the street once put in, the quality is fine on all the parts, using BW converter part to the headers with minimal modification.

Will have locals driving it during the next week or so to chime in...

Needs some fine tuning on cold start etc...what a blast.
                        Hey Alex, how does it feel compared to Jason's E30 M3? ;)

We need dyno results!!!! :hitler:

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

DTA ran s54?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                            DTA ran s54?
                            Ya, Alex has had some great results so far.

Comment

Originally posted by hoveringuy View Post

you could change the cam signal on the S54 to basically whatever you wanted for MS. a missing tooth wheel pattern would probably be best. or supply the developers with the required information and have native support. :)
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Jason's S54 and mine

We've developed these side by side, but they're not identical.

My headers and intake are probably flowing better than Jason's, only because I had invested long ago in a set of euro stock headers, and I'm running temporarily the CF clone of the airbox.

That having been said, Jason's car would cream mine even if I have a few more horsies, his car has better weight balance, and best of all WAY LESS weight.

I'm running AC, full stock E36 interior etc....I'd have to guess his car is near to 2200 lb, mine closer to 3200.

No comparison for the actual cars....And any of you dropping same motor into an E30 will also realize the benefits of less weight.

Alex.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X