iX wheel thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chroma Aberration View Post
    For reference: 1991 325ix, lowered ~1.3" H&R sport/Bilstein HD with 949Racing 6UL 15x8 +36 offset wheels, wearing hankook rs3 in 225/45/15. About 5mm clearance from the front struts.
    Hey, you've got good taste ;)

1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

17" BBS RXs still unsure of what to do on the height
      Attached Files
      2 x 88 IXs, 91 318IS, 90, 97, 98, 01 M3s, 95 540I 6spd,

Current project 91 318is build thread
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=385094

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
        Hey, you've got good taste ;)

Love that setup. Thinking of getting these

Very similar just a little different spacing and pattern
        89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
        I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

nando would a 17x8 +25 with a 214x40 work or will that still be to low offset? Running HR Sports and assuming I will trim and roll fenders

I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

+25 isn't going to fit with an 8" wide wheel. Not unless you are at stock height with small tires - won't work with a 215 or sure. Trimming won't help, even a 7" wheel will rub in the rear with trimmed lips and 205 tires at ET25.
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
              +25 isn't going to fit with an 8" wide wheel. Not unless you are at stock height with small tires - won't work with a 215 or sure. Trimming won't help, even a 7" wheel will rub in the rear with trimmed lips and 205 tires at ET25.
              OK So I'd basically be looking at 30-35mm minimum of offset then for 8"

Comment

yeah, an 8" wheel is tight because you'll either be rubbing the struts up front or rubbing the fenders out back. ET30 might just fit, ET35 should but you may be close to the strut. Can always add a 3mm spacer up front if it's rubbing.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

16 in. tires

i've got a beater ix totally stock, been sitting for 3 years got it up and running problem is the tires are kind of crapped out, flat spots. I could buy a new set of 15 in. tires but i do have a full set of 215 60 r16 less than 6 months old, came off my subaru forester ( god rest it's awd soul)
                  Its only for going to work and back ( 1 mile) can the subaru tires fit if i buy rims? or do i just buy new tires for the existing rims?
                  money is tight so i 'm trying to figure out the cheapest way.
                  thanks
                  Red-ish 89 325ix with dent in the door, bad paint, missing center caps, broken defrost, broken ac, p/s pump may be going, brake pad sensors missing. On the plus side i just had the trannie and tc fixed for 2 grand!!

Comment

those are way too big. I wouldn't buy rims just to run those tires, I'm not even sure they will fit.

surely tires that fit will cost less and be better than buying new rims? Just get a set of snow tires - 15" blizzaks are like $500 installed, I doubt you could get decent wheels for much less.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

this ix is on it's last legs just need to get to get me through the winter, and don't want to drop a lot of cash on it. kids and mortgage first ...
                      thanks will get new tires
                      Red-ish 89 325ix with dent in the door, bad paint, missing center caps, broken defrost, broken ac, p/s pump may be going, brake pad sensors missing. On the plus side i just had the trannie and tc fixed for 2 grand!!

Comment

skool a noob on tires

I'm wondering how much flexibility there is with tire sizes on a given rim. I've got an extra set of rims for an ix I bought a couple months ago and would like to put some snow tires on it. The guy said he used to have Blizzax on them, but I'm having a hard time finding snow tires that match the size of what's on the car now.

What I have is 205/55/15, so would it be reasonable to put a 195/55/15 on, or a 195/60/15. The 60 would be slightly larger in diameter, but I'm more concerned about the narrower width on the rim.

Any advice would be appreciated. The lake superior region on wisconsin can be icy! Thanks!

Comment

You want 195/65/15. OEM tire size is 205/60/15.

The best tire size calculator. Use our tire size calculator to find tire size specs and suggested tire sizes. Then check prices for all available tire sizes.
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

OEM is 205/55r15.. Not 205/60.

I believe my blizzaks are 195/60 and the fit great on the stock rims.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

BBS RX looks pretty good on the iX! 17" is bigger than i'd go though.
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Thanks, that helps! How hard is it to find steel rims for these cars?

Comment

Working...
                                X