No announcement yet.

help with wheels for the 325ix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry this is such a bad shot. flashes highlighted all the swirls in the paint. :/ but i chose it because i think it shows the stance off pretty well.

again,

bilstein HDs with h&r CABRIO sports. 15x7 et26 racing dynamics. 205/50/15 azeni rt-615s.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Good looking angle .

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtofEuros View Post
        ESM002GL

16x7.5 // et20 // center = 57.1 // 1.5" lip...

will these fit? if so with what tire size, little less meat?
        not unless you run a 195/50 tire on them. the stock equivalent size (205/50-16) will rub the rear fenders for certain.

for a 7.5" wheel you really want an offset in the 30's.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
          I plan on doing GC with the shortened housings and shocks up front with the camber plates, then 600f/700r springs. Is this the best it gets for dialing out understeer. If anything I would rather have a little oversteer.
          you don't want to dial out all the understeer in the ix. you'll end up with a twitchy car that gets really hairy at the limit. Snap oversteer etc. a touch of understeer is OK, when you get the car to that point you want to adjust your driving habits instead of the car. :)

I realize this post is old but that setup sounds good to me. :)
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

what do you guys think of the falken hanabi's?

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

they look pretty good - weight/price?
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I found 4 bronze for $250 17x7.5, i think they have been discontinued, i think the cars above are staggered with 17x9. That would put it at about 16-18 lbs a piece?

EDIT found it,

Falken Hanabi Cast 17x7.5 17.0lbs 7.7kg
                318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Do both the left and right side wheels "twist" towards the back or do two go one way and two the other?

Comment

the offset is a bit high. for optimum tire sizing, you'll want about a 10mm spacer.

is that just one set at that price? they're cheaper wheels but 17lbs isn't bad for a 17" and $250 is a steal..
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                      you don't want to dial out all the understeer in the ix. you'll end up with a twitchy car that gets really hairy at the limit. Snap oversteer etc. a touch of understeer is OK, when you get the car to that point you want to adjust your driving habits instead of the car. :)

I realize this post is old but that setup sounds good to me. :)
                      I wasn't planning on trying to dial all of if out. I was shooting exactly for what you described.

Comment

My iX is running 225/50/15 on a 15x7 et26 wheel using Billy HD and H&R Sport supension components.

The rear fenders have been massaged using BFH method and the only real rubbing occurs when the car is under load (i.e. passengers or heavy parts) and going over big dips in the road (i.e. crappy Ohio bridge-to-highway transitions)

Kind of wish I would've went with a 205 but I like the beefy look on the iX. And an offset in the 20s always looks great on any E30 IMO...

Comment

Bilstien / HR set up

Click image for larger version

Name:	88 IX E30 Voldemort-r3v format.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	7139550

Click image for larger version

Name:	88 IX E30 rear quarter-r3v format.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	7139551I believe that's what I've got on mine.

I love it! Probably drops the body 1.25 to 1.5 inches, just a guess.

No prob with rubbing stock weaves, skinny tires for some reason ( 195-60-15) what the PO had on it.
                          "just love those little tanky inline 6's"

Comment

Has anybody tried e38 style 5's on a ix?

Also what about 15x8 et25 with G/C ? Yay or Nay?

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                              Has anybody tried e38 style 5's on a ix?

Also what about 15x8 et25 with G/C ? Yay or Nay?
                              8" ET25 is too low. maybe with a 205/50 tire but it's still going to rub in the rear, a lot. for an 8" wheel ET35 or so would be better.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Rub on the fender? what I run like 195/50?
                                Last edited by Mlarsen; 01-25-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X