No announcement yet.

help with wheels for the 325ix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sure, but then why bother with such a low offset in the first place? to run smaller tires than stock? :p
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Mine on 205-40x17 ET22. Bilstein HD and Lowtec springs, had to smack the rear arches a bit to prevent rubbing.

Comment

I didnt think these would fit but then started thinking why not. Will they rub the rear fenders/ frame rails in the front?

16x8.5 et 15

Thats a back space of 5.4" which is about stock.

I found a set of these...

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
        '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

they will stick way outside of the fenders.

imagine the car pictured above, but with another 10-15mm in spacers. as it is that car is probably on a 205 tire, maybe even a 195.

an 8.5" wheel will be a tough fit on an ix no matter what offset. you are either rubbing on the front strut or rubbing the rear fenders, or doing jacked up stuff like extra spacers up front, wacked out camber, skinny tires, etc. It makes more sense to just buy wheels that fit right in the first place..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

is 16x8 et20 going to be an issue? i believe ive found a rim ive grown attatched to.. and i have body modifying capability but i really want to retain the factory flares, without warping them out of their limits.. alittle rub isnt bad, this is just a cruiser, and alittle stretch doesnt hurt either... but not to the point of hideous rim extruding from the fender, and rim exposure from the tire..

Comment

You have asking/talking this same at these topics.
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=288923
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=278162
              In front do not work, whit out some fender work.......

And if those wheels are intended front wheel drive, those not working under IX. I have now 8x16" et20, but those are meant to be front drive car....Now i need in front 25mm spacer
              https://www.facebook.com/Cry_77_IX-110483784967661
              https://www.instagram.com/cry_77_ix/

Comment

If I bought a set of 17x9.75 et25 wheels, would I need spacers to clear the strut housing? It should stick 36mm further in than basketweaves. It looks close, I can squeeze two fingers between the lip and strut...

Not worried about poke/fender lip or splash guard contact, and I know they're completely unnecessary and all that.
                Last edited by Northern; 06-14-2013, 01:31 PM.
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

36mm? Not going to fit by a mile. Also, i get 48mm closer without a spacer. (41 - 26 + 63.5/2)

There is only 5-10mm clearance on stock ix wheels, plus they are 2.5" wider.

If you make it clear the struts, your front wheels will stick out 60mm. That is 3". It will look totally retarded.. :(

On top of that, your rear wheels will have to be spaced at least as much to be even, if not more. And you can forget getting decent tires in there.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Any thoughts, guys, regarding a 16x6.5 in the et28-31 range with a caveat below. I'm running 17x7.5 et35 currently with no clearance issues. I'd be losing ~12.5mm in wheel width (gaining 6.25mm clearance each at fender and strut), but giving back 4-7mm in the new offset range. The bigger issue is clearing a UUC bbk. If I have to run a spacer then it throws everything off. I'd love some feedback on this.

FWIW -- I use a 3mm spacer to clear the bbk with my 17" Alpina reps. The higher offset for iX makes finding wheels to accommodate the bbk really difficult.

Comment

they should fit easily, dunno about the brakes though.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

My kamotors flares beg to differ about fitting decent tires in the rear :p and they take offence to being called totally retarded haha.

But on a serious note, I just measured a little more accurately, and with a 14x6.5 et30 basketweave, I have 20mm of room to the strut. More importantly, with any larger diameter wheel or any less offset, I will probably hit the spring perch.

I'm kind of glad. I want beefy tires, and don't want to shell out enough for something that fits on a nearly 10" wheel anyways.

Comment

do your KA motors flares stick out 3 and a half inches? :p

anyway - what kind of tire size do you want to run? you don't need flares to run a 225 R-comp, they fit under stock fenders already. I ran 235s for a while, and it stuck nicely, but I think the car drives better on 225s.

coilovers take care of the spring perch issue. actually, now that I think about it, 235s probably wouldn't have fit with the stock strut housings. the 225s I have now are only a bit narrower in actuality, and they barely clear the adjusters at my current ride height:

Last edited by nando; 06-15-2013, 05:21 AM.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I think they add about 2.5", but with a heat gun and if I pulled the sheet metal around them slightly, 3+ could be done. Its isn't worth the messing around with it only to spend more money on tires, and more time messing with things.
                            I'm mostly doing flares because I like the look, and its a quick fix for rotten rear arches.

I assume shorter housings w/coilovers would only make the spring perch issue worse, especially with a larger diameter tire, although I'm not really worried about going low.

I think I'll stick to an 8" wide wheel and put a beefy tire on it instead.
                            Last edited by Northern; 06-15-2013, 05:53 AM.

Comment

I cut my housings 2". if you only did 1", it would still have more tire clearance.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

nando, im running 205/45/16 on mine right now, on a 16x8 wheel. Seem to have enough room between the pearch and rear fenders for 205/50/16 what are your thoughts?
                                SELL ME YOUR E30
                                1988 Apline 325iX SOLD
                                1999 MINT Lincoln Towncar Pimpin
                                My Bike when they shit out :wgaf:

Comment

Working...
                                X