will E34 6MT 525ix transmission bolt up to 1991 E30 325ix - m20b25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    wow. what are you, like 18? you have it all figured out mr 14 posts.
    :hitler: wow such a superiority complex , questioning my age and then implying that my low post count has anything to do with .. well .. anything

last time i checked, mechanic shop labor is north of 80 bucks an hour even at the crappiest places.
    so again i stand by my statement , clearly .. if you are paying a mechanic 80$ an hour to work on anything, you obviously do not know the shop owner. I wont be a dick and go into details about how much u suck for having to pay a mechanic 80 an hour to work on your swap. thats just pathetic, your punishment serves it self on that note.

at least if nothing else, this thread gives us something interesting to read other than the usual boring "my vc is broken" kind of thing.
    well then why did u have to go and highjack/ ruin the thread, how about you help out and spot any mistakes in the listed procedure, or better yet, list me what needs to be custom fabricated in said swap, as you so proclaimed will cost obscene amounts of money

and for arguments sake, i dont want to go back n fourth will bullshit, so respond graciously, pertaining to what was being discussed before you came in jaberwalking about how high of a price everything is going to cost. Frankly thats already covered, and speaking truthfully none of your business anyways.

Comment

Ok not to be a dick but flyboys is completely right and he knows his shit. And truthfully I think your wasting your time and money with doing any kind swap into the IX. The m20 is a good engine and with the right internals and FI setup it can turn some big numbers, more than i'd trust with an ix.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
        Ok not to be a dick but flyboys is completely right and he knows his shit. And truthfully I think your wasting your time and money with doing any kind swap into the IX. The m20 is a good engine and with the right internals and FI setup it can turn some big numbers, more than i'd trust with an ix.
        i understand that but for a stroker kit (2000 american) new rods ( 600 american) rebuilt perfomance header (3000$ complete from vac)

plus the turbo (2500) and various parts (2000)

thats ALOT of money to be spending on an engine thats 20 years old and only has a single cam

and AFAIK the max u can get naturally aspired from it will be 240whp ... so that said, why not spend the money for a swap, and if the only difference between a s50 and s54 is a thousand dollars in price for the motor, and another (1-2 ? thousand) for electronics

why wouldnt one do it ... the only thing i see a issue with is using the 525ix drive train however if i keep it naturally aspired and find out the weakness of it , hopefully enforcing said points, then in the future stroker kit / forged internals plus a lesser hp rated turbo would make sense

i mean either way anything u do to the car , ur not selling it for anything close to a return on what you paid for parts, except a modern engine, which means ur driving it till u crash it (most likely as it will be weekend racer for me) or its stolen.

Comment

stewie30luver strikes again.

unfortunately, here on r3v we don't suffer fools very well. you obviously have issues with your mom and no friends at school.
          Last edited by flyboyx; 12-07-2012, 09:20 PM.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

stewie30luver strikes again.

unfortunately, here on r3v we don't suffer fools very well. you obviously have issues with your mom and no friends at school.
            :finger:

Comment

Originally posted by e30ixBoost View Post
              rebuilt perfomance header (3000$ complete from vac).
              That's the most expensive "header" I've heard of.
              If you want 900 awhp I'd start looking for a different platform.

Comment

WTF now the bots are necromancing?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

I was wondering. This was ages ago. I'd forgotten I'd even posted in this thread.

I'm willing to bet this guy never got anywhere on his project (neither have I, to be fair, but I haven't made wild claims about my abilities either lol).
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Lol this was a great read. I enjoyed it, definitely in the realm of never going to happen. $4k for a whole swap and all of the 525ix parts/Custom stuff that's laughable.

Comment

Working...
                    X