325iX Front Axle Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nando View Post
    yeah, that's not bad. It sounds like I should get off my ass and have my other set rebuilt before it becomes impossible..
    Exactly my thought. I have/had 3 sets to rebuild when I found out I couldn't get parts anymore.
    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

when i was younger and stupider...i threw away the front axle i replaced :(. but i kept the inner cvjoint. i got a good used axle for $300 off ebay.

Comment

I am now in the same shoes...

Just called Turner Motorsport, and they are wanting around $900 for the new IX axle.
        Holy smokes, this has got to be one of the most expensive parts on our cars now a days. If a aftermarket company came back into the scene of making these axles just a bit cheaper, they would make a killing.

Any other ideas on how I can have my car off the road for only a couple days, as opposed to off the road for 1-2weeks waiting for a rebuilt axle?

Comment

Update on the CVJ pricing - it's $189 per axle with 1 - 2 day turnaround. I have a torn gaiter on my left shaft so I'll ship both shafts out sometime in the near future and I'll let you know the results when I get them back.

Comment

I still have a few axles in excellent condition in my for sale section.

Cheers!

Comment

Just rebuilt both of mine. New oem boots. Not fun,but ready for winter!
              NASA
              BMWCCA member
              PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
              1997 M3 sedan
              2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Okay what is this all about. I thought these were NLA checked realoem. Entered part numbers on ECS for shits and gigs. Here's what I found.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...26815/ES51431/

$826.17 a side

Comment

Originally posted by AWDE30 View Post
                  Okay what is this all about. I thought these were NLA checked realoem. Entered part numbers on ECS for shits and gigs. Here's what I found.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...26815/ES51431/

$826.17 a side
                  Dude, 24% off? We should all get a set.

Comment

The entire shafts aren't NLA, just the rebuild kits they used to offer.
                    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                    X