Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325iX Front Axle Parts

Hey gents-

My source in NJ that as far as I know was the last guy to make the internal workings to rebuild our front axles has went out of business and has no leftover stock. BMW's P/N on the repair kits has been long gone.

Does anyone know of any places to get these parts? If not, our life is about to get a lot more difficult given the only option would be new axles from BMW.

The BMW p/n's

1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

hey, they're only $1400 a side.. fuck.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

This just continues to raise the value of all our rotted body iX mechanical parts. Most of us are driving around with $4000+ worth of parts and holes in the floor. Start stockpiling now.

Seriously though ... would a place like Raxles rebuild them if you sent them your axles? I've used them in the past on another car and were very pleased with their product.

The E30 collection:
      1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
      1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
      1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
      1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
      1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
      1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
      1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
      2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
      2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

Welcome to the E34ix problems :(
        E30 325ix M50 turbo 7 spd DCT 4wd 840awhp @ 31 psi.
        E30 M50 6 spd 764whp @ 24psi.
        E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Originally posted by 101 View Post
          This just continues to raise the value of all our rotted body iX mechanical parts. Most of us are driving around with $4000+ worth of parts and holes in the floor. Start stockpiling now.

Seriously though ... would a place like Raxles rebuild them if you sent them your axles? I've used them in the past on another car and were very pleased with their product.
          I remember Raxles saying over the phone that they won't be remanufacturing IX axles, so I went a bought a remanufactured pair from CVJ Axles in Colorado. There was another shop located in upstate NY that said they could remanufacture your original axles but I don't remember the name. I think they were located in Troy or Albany.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            hey, they're only $1400 a side.. fuck.
            Such a deal we're getting! BMW makes the parts but will only sell us the whole axle. Bastards.

Originally posted by Nisse Järnet View Post
            Welcome to the E34ix problems :(
            :(:( Man, that's gotta be rough. If you were here it'd be even more difficult to find stuff!

Originally posted by 101 View Post

Originally posted by chuckdizzle View Post
            I remember Raxles saying over the phone that they won't be remanufacturing IX axles, so I went a bought a remanufactured pair from CVJ Axles in Colorado. There was another shop located in upstate NY that said they could remanufacture your original axles but I don't remember the name. I think they were located in Troy or Albany.
            Raxles won't rebuild them. Marty gets all of his stuff from Europe and he said he'd have to sell at least 300 pieces a year to consider doing them. The upstate NY shop is Axle Express, through which I found the parts supplier in NJ, through which I have been informed that those parts are no longer. I will give CVJ a ring.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
              :(:( Man, that's gotta be rough. If you were here it'd be even more difficult to find stuff!
              Yea its not fun, you could get a perfectly working used 525ix for what one new axle cost at a BMW dealer :P
              E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisse Järnet View Post
                Yea its not fun, you could get a perfectly working used 525ix for what one new axle cost at a BMW dealer :P
                buy mine! for what I paid, I could get 1/2 of a new E30ix axle..
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  buy mine! for what I paid, I could get 1/2 of a new E30ix axle..
                  I have like 8 or 9 E34ix front axles so i dont think i need more, at least i hope not :D
                  E30 M20 6 spd 675whp.

Comment

Send them to these guys in Denver.

CVJ Axles remanufactured OEM cv axles, steering racks, MB air injection smog pumps, as well as racing and off-road parts.
                    318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                    '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
                      Send them to these guys in Denver.

http://www.cvjreman.com/
                      I called them already. I want the parts not the rebuild service, their service manager is getting back to me tomorrow about availability, at which point I'll update. $159 per axle they charge for a rebuild.

Comment

There is a place local to me that rebuilt my E34 axles for $500. They pieced the parts together from several various other axles. The price also included welding up the worn spots and grinding them back out.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
                          I called them already. I want the parts not the rebuild service, their service manager is getting back to me tomorrow about availability, at which point I'll update. $159 per axle they charge for a rebuild.
                          That sounds like a very fair price if they're completely disassembling everything and inspecting each part.
                          AWD > RWD

Comment

yeah, that's not bad. It sounds like I should get off my ass and have my other set rebuilt before it becomes impossible..
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Here's what you do. You take your good axles to a great machine shop have them make a few thousand and sell them and boom you are rolling in the dough...... just need a few thousand to get the first 10 going haha.
                              Float like a cadillac sting like a Bimmer!:)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X