No announcement yet.

325ix diff swap???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just completed my ix 5 speed swap and left the 4.10 diffs installed. it really isnt as bad as people make it seem. other than the first gear being short its alright. when i have time ill install the 3.91s from the parts car and see if i can tell a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
      I used to, not anymore.

On snow tires it's ok, they spin a bit before they get traction so the drivetrain doesn't get shocked too bad.
      I have some cheap all seasons on my '88 2 door five speed car. They'll turn over about a revolution when I dump the clutch from 6k. I've done it just enough to know how the car acts. I don't need to do that every day... at least not until I get the X5 front diff installed...

Comment

Yeah, one revolution sounds about right for the snow tires. It's a short squeak and then traction.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

I try to keep clutch dumps on the dirt now but sometimes it's just too hard to resist. I have a couple spares so it's not a huge deal.
          Last edited by 4x4_e30; 03-03-2016, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
            Yeah, one revolution sounds about right for the snow tires. It's a short squeak and then traction.
            you just need more power. :p
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

3.91s or 4.10s, it's that damn 1st gear....although 3.91s did make it feel a bit better. I still prefer starting in 2nd w/4.10s.
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                you just need more power. :p
                Working on it. Hopefully this summer. :)
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                X