No announcement yet.

1989 325ix Dinan Turbo stablemate for my 1988 E24 M6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows are now working… turned out to be the relay. Unfortunately, while trouble shooting the wires in the fuse box before the relays arrived three connectors item 61131269612​ broke. Just ordered replacement connectors-rush shipping.
    Almost there!

Max

Comment

Replacement fuse box connector clips are in place plus the windows continue to work properly with the new relays. Still need to swap the tail light bulbs from the LED’s back to traditional bulbs to correct the fast turn signal flasher. Then a good last once over to make sure no other gremlins pop up. I hope nothing else presents itself. Would like to have it in my driveway before new years. I’ll be itching to find the first classic car show or BMW meet once completed and home.
      Max

Comment

Standard bulbs resolved the fast turn signal flasher interval. Maybe will upgrade again to brighter LED’s with proper relay in the future.
        Hopefully this is it. Aside from wanting to get a wheel alignment for preventative service after all the work that’s been done this is all I have on the list. Soon some minor cosmetic black roof trim repaint and minor touchups, a wash plus good clay bar and wax aside this should be it. We (more like Steve) will review all of the systems. So far nothing else has materialized.

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah to all.

Max

Comment

Happy New Year to all.

2023 will be the year I get to enjoy the E30 and change my Avitar. Looking good so far, nothing else has come up. I;’ll be heading north to Tampa area sometime this month to get it. Still undecided if I’ll drive it or trailer it back the four hours to Miami.

Regards

Max

Comment

Stop in Pompano Beach on your way by. :)

The shop is just off i95 and Cypress Creek.
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:
            Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
              Stop in Pompano Beach on your way by. :)

The shop is just off i95 and Cypress Creek.
              One gremlin popped up. I am in need of the ABS Relay part # 34520005192 or alternate brand item. If anyone has an ABS relay to sell I am a buyer!

I’ll drop by the shop once I have the car down here.

Thank you

Max

Comment

Hello

Last Gremlin to attend to. Can anyone recommend a BMW specifically shop near The Oaks Mall, Gainesville FL 32605 area? The car is about 3 to 5 mins north of that. This is the last gremlin needing attention to get this car home but it requires a lift. The transmission vent hose is most likely clogged causing fluid to leak out of the dip stick once it gets hot. It should be a quick fix but my mechanic is not yet set up with full shop equipment.

Thank you

Max

Comment

Finally a proper update. Got the Hotel and U-Haul Car Dolly booked for Wednesday July 5th. Heading up to Gainesville to pick it up. Heading back home Thursday July 6th. Will post some pictures along the way. I never thought that this would take nearly 7 years.
                  Hope the route home is trouble free.

Max

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1528.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	10098345 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1526.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	10098344 Taking it hom

Max

Comment

Made it home to South FL without any incidents. Gave it a very quick wash. Unfortunately looks like enjoying the car will need to wait a little longer. After getting on a lift, the transmission vent is not the culprit of the fluid heating and pressure buildup forcing the fluid out the dip stick. Monday morning its going to a reputable transmission specialty shop, they are very familial with BMW’s and the 4HP22 trany. They explained what the problem could be but needs the car to be sure. Either way, what ever it is, they can handle it. Hopefully this is the last Germaine that has been plaguing me.

Max

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1534.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	10098472 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1532.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	10098473

Comment

Working...