Turbo Ix Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomansland92 View Post
    I ran it about 400-450 wheel on the stock front diff. Did a good bit of launches on it also. Now I'm running a e34 front diff and axles Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    That sounds promising then Still an m20? Or 24v swap? Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyPrime View Post
      That sounds promising then Still an m20? Or 24v swap? Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Nah just a good old m20. Shooting for 600+ this year with it. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Nah just a good old m20. Shooting for 600+ this year with it. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        What did you end up doing to mount the e34 stuff? Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

What did you do to mount the e34 stuff? What are you running for a transmission and transfer case? Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

What did you end up doing to mount the e34 stuff? Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
            Takes a bit of welding Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Takes a bit of welding Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              So you basically just took a e34 pan diff area and cut and welded it to a e30 pan. I've thought about doing that. What did you do for axles and the front drive shaft? Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

So you basically just took a e34 pan diff area and cut and welded it to a e30 pan. I've thought about doing that. What did you do for axles and the front drive shaft? Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Yep pretty much. Its gets kinda complex thought because the e34 sits a 30 degrees and the m20 sits at 20degrees. Axles just need a little machining on a lathe near the abs ring to fit. The stock front driveshaft shaft will actually end up deeper into the tcase for better spline engagement. But you will need to lathe off and move the oring groove at the tcase to the new correct spot. I use billit splines and had the whole shaft lengthened because of the dct. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Yep pretty much. Its gets kinda complex thought because the e34 sits a 30 degrees and the m20 sits at 20degrees. Axles just need a little machining on a lathe near the abs ring to fit. The stock front driveshaft shaft will actually end up deeper into the tcase for better spline engagement. But you will need to lathe off and move the oring groove at the tcase to the new correct spot. I use billit splines and had the whole shaft lengthened because of the dct. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                  Hmm interesting! Thanks for letting me know! To bad e34 stuff is impossible to find in the states and very expensive to ship across the pond. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Where are you guys plumbing your oil return?

here?

Or here?
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                      Where are you guys plumbing your oil return? here? Or here?
                      I put mine right here. And ran a 90 off it. I think I'm going to switch it to a 45 though for better flow. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Kershaw, I think your pics are broken. I drilled the block on both of my cars. I drilled and tapped right behind where the AC compressor bracket was on my last one. I drilled farther back on my most recent build because I retained AC this time. Here’s a pic of the pilot hole. And yes, I did do this with the engine installed and oil pan on. I greased up the drill bit and tap to catch most of the shavings. Then I flush the hole out with about 2 gallons of the cheapest oil I can find. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran it in oil pan for a few years but ended up moving it higher up into the block so it sat above oil level. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I ran it in oil pan for a few years but ended up moving it higher up into the block so it sat above oil level. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                            What was the benefit of moving it up? If it worked for years? I know some people run the turbo drain on the oil drain plug on cars like hondas and other ones. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I put mine right here. And ran a 90 off it. I think I'm going to switch it to a 45 though for better flow. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                              Yeah, that's where I put it. Your pan is a little cleaner than mine.

AWD > RWD

Comment

What was the benefit of moving it up? If it worked for years? I know some people run the turbo drain on the oil drain plug on cars like hondas and other ones. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                                I was getting a slight amount of smoke at wide open thottle with 2 different journal bearing turbos. So I moved it up, but ended up switching to ball bearing at the same time which uses less oil so I can't say for sure it was necessary. Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
                                X