IS front spoiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS front spoiler

So I have lost two front spoilers off of two different cars in a matter of two weeks while driving. They were secured with he OEM clips and they came off. Is there any ways you guys secure these spoilers so that if the clips fail then you won't run them over. and destroy them? Just curious as I have two on order to replace them. Thank. you!
    sigpic

I have used 4 zip ties through the bottom opening of the valance and around the spoiler, but my car is black so they're not easy to see unless in direct lighting. The zip ties have kept it attached driving through all sorts of nasty puddles. Funny story about losing a lip spoiler; I had to remove it to pull my intercooler before my road trip and I forgot to install new zip ties when I put it back on, wound up running over it on my way to "the dragon" after going through a fairly deep puddle, that's why it's missing in one of these photos and re-assembled with zip-ties and electrical tape in the others I have a new one (garagistic, not genuine) in a box that needs to be installed, but I have been working on the E34 too much. When I install it I want to see if there's an area I can drill and run zip ties that won't be visible.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      I have used 4 zip ties through the bottom opening of the valance and around the spoiler, but my car is black so they're not easy to see unless in direct lighting. The zip ties have kept it attached driving through all sorts of nasty puddles. Funny story about losing a lip spoiler; I had to remove it to pull my intercooler before my road trip and I forgot to install new zip ties when I put it back on, wound up running over it on my way to "the dragon" after going through a fairly deep puddle, that's why it's missing in one of these photos and re-assembled with zip-ties and electrical tape in the others I have a new one (garagistic, not genuine) in a box that needs to be installed, but I have been working on the E34 too much. When I install it I want to see if there's an area I can drill and run zip ties that won't be visible.
      Lmao love the story! That's what I was thinking of just zip tying different areas. I don't trust those clips anymore. I'm gonna have to buy two new lips not genuine of course bc that's like 500$ ;(
      sigpic

Comment

Have you ruled out the possibility of them being stolen? Because unless most of the clips are broken, the lip shouldn't simply be falling off. They are quite secure when in good condition and the clips are in tact.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Yeah. I retraced my steps and they were crushed in the road
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X