No announcement yet.

How to fab a mono wiper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built my monowiper, costs free. thank you rocla! works great!

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
      Rocla,

I modified the linkage like you said today! I actually took about 13-14MM out of the linkage, it might have been too much! I put the linkage into my vice and turned it by hand and it certainly had a full sweep! THank you for posting that information! Free mods rule -- especially when they cost $200+! And I was gonna pay that!!
      Glad that I could help.
      Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
      BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
      BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
      BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

Originally posted by O 16581 72452 5 View Post
        Did you not look at the link i posted? The wiper motor just turns, it's the arms that loop to make it seem like it turns back and forth.
        Yes I did but obviously I wasn't pay attention to well. Looks simple either way.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Still haven't gotten around to a full sweep :P

Comment

Sweet mod for sure.

So you have to shave about 12mm off part #4?

Or do you mean the part just above #6 in the diagram posted on realOEM?

Then its just a matter of bending the wiper arm itself? Gonna do this!
            Reminiscing...

Comment

Have some flat black prepared for when you bend the arm, you have to heat it with a torch to get it to bend right. You also probably need a vice, i can't think of another way to do it.

Comment

Have some flat black prepared for when you bend the arm, you have to heat it with a torch to get it to bend right. You also probably need a vice, i can't think of another way to do it.
                I see, I'm sure a blowdryer will do the job, and I got a can of Duplicolor flat black. And when its the wiper arm itself, not any part of the linkage.
                Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                  I see, I'm sure a blowdryer will do the job, and I got a can of Duplicolor flat black. And when its the wiper arm itself, not any part of the linkage.
                  A blowdryer!? Are you serious?

You have to heat the metal until it's near red hot to get a good bend, when you do this, the paint flakes off and discentigrates. But yeah, the wiper arm has a slight bend downward that needs taken out.

Comment

A blowdryer!? Are you serious?

You have to heat the metal until it's near red hot to get a good bend, when you do this, the paint flakes off and discentigrates. But yeah, the wiper arm has a slight bend downward that needs taken out.
                    Well its worked in the past on other projects, so I'll keep it in mind, but my friend has a blowtorch too, so just in case.
                    Reminiscing...

Comment

Originally posted by M42Technik View Post
                      Well its worked in the past on other projects, so I'll keep it in mind, but my friend has a blowtorch too, so just in case.
                      What the hell did you manage to bend with a blowdryer?

I used a propane torch and held it on there for a good 15 minutes.

Comment

What the hell did you manage to bend with a blowdryer?

I used a propane torch and held it on there for a good 15 minutes.
                        When I was working on my headlights it helped remove the old plaster around the glass so I could replace the broken glass with new glass.

Meh I'll use a blowtorch okiez?
                        Reminiscing...

Comment

Getting glue soft is a little different than trying to work metal. :P I've used a blowdryer for things like that too.

Comment

Getting glue soft is a little different than trying to work metal. :P I've used a blowdryer for things like that too.
                            You're right dude, didn't think about it much. ANYWAYS I can't wait to do this, I always wanted to have a single wiper, but not for the cash it cost!
                            Reminiscing...

Comment

I'm probably going to go back to dual wipers, i'm starting to not like mine, plus the "RICER!" comments get old.

Comment

they look like lame ricer shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X