Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to find floor mats that actually fit a convertible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to find floor mats that actually fit a convertible...

I've got a 92 318 and have been looking for a set of front floor mats that fit perfectly... As the OEM ones are NLA, I'm left looking at aftermarket options.

After searching, I ordered from both Weathertech and Matwise, as both got good reviews. I contacted each vendor, ahead of the purchase, and verified they fit the convertible. Ehh. I don't find either solution an acceptable fit.

I also tried the OEM convertible floormats from my e46 ZHP convertible, as those are rumored to fit. They dont fit either.. WTH

Open to recommendations from others about what actually fits a convertible.

Matwise:

Click image for larger version

Name:	matwise.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	10093818

Weathertech:

Name:	weathertech-e30vert.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	10093817
    Attached Files
    1992 318i cabrio Alpinweiss 2
    2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Try a 1-series mat. A friend gave been his old genuine BMW mat and it fits my coupe and sedan pretty well. The convertible has taller rockers, and I'm not sure if the dead pedal is wider or in a different location.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

I have a pair of E36 M coupe mats in my vert but they only come in sets of 2, so the rears won't match. No, the fitment isn't perfect but it's not terrible either. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMAG0840_zps3de61d13 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.4 KB ID:	10093827
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Are you still interested floor mats

Comment

Originally posted by L308 View Post
          Are you still interested floor mats
          yes
          2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Comment

Okay what you email address or phone number so I can forward you the pictures

Comment

Why don't you post a picture here? We all want to see what you're selling.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Good call with the scammer/bot reports, thanks guys.

As to the OP, I have Lloyd Mats Ultimat Floor Mats (Black) Front, Rear, & Trunk in the E30

(and Front mats in my Miata.)

My E30 isn't a vert though so YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post
                  Good call with the scammer/bot reports, thanks guys.

As to the OP, I have Lloyd Mats Ultimat Floor Mats (Black) Front, Rear, & Trunk in the E30

(and Front mats in my Miata.)

My E30 isn't a vert though so YMMV.
                  Thanks... they do claim that they make a separate mat for convertibles...

- do the mats have anything that secures them to the carpet?
                  - you have a pic of yours?

Thanks!
                  2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Comment

You're really scamming $100 floormats on random internet forums. That's quite sad.
                    2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Comment

Originally posted by sna77 View Post
                      Thanks... they do claim that they make a separate mat for convertibles...

- do the mats have anything that secures them to the carpet?
                      - you have a pic of yours?

Thanks!
                      Here is the passenger side. I'll snag a pic of the driver's side when I get home from work today.

I don't think I ever took a photo of the trunk mat, but it's pretty Lux. Trunk is apart at the moment as I just installed some sound deadening, I'll try to remember to grab a photo when I put it together and post it here.

The mats did come with some securing items/hooks, but I haven't needed to use them.
                      BMWs (with floor mount gas pedals) are less risky with unsecured mats VS a traditional top mount pedal. (The risk is getting a slippery/aftermarket mat wadded up under the brake pedal.)

Comment

Front floor mat, excuse the dirt please.

Covers the dead pedal as well. Helps with vibration I've found.
                        Attached Files

Comment

thanks... btw, this is what the OEM convertible mat should look like. It's notched differently:

Name:	OEM.png
Views:	413
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	10093985
                          2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Comment

One source worth having a look at is Tim's Classic Parts.
                            On the wrong side of the pond for you N.American folk...

But an option if you want an exact fit for a convertible (LHD & RHD):
                            Floor mat set for the E30 Convertible, left-hand-driveOn the front 2 mats you have a choice with or without BMW logo on the corners.The mats are made of a thick, durable velvet and with 100% fit!The edge can be finished with fabric* and leatherThe entire back is made of anti-slip material, which prevent them from sliding around*Blue is only available as leather edge finishThe 5 available colors for the mats are:BlackBeigeBlue GreyRedIf you want a different/personal finish of your set of mats, please contact me to discuss the possibilities: info@timsclassicparts.nl

E30 320i vert
                            But daily drive is Volvo V60 Polestar

Comment

Originally posted by Tzantushka View Post
                              One source worth having a look at is Tim's Classic Parts.
                              On the wrong side of the pond for you N.American folk...

But an option if you want an exact fit for a convertible (LHD & RHD):
                              Floor mat set for the E30 Convertible, left-hand-driveOn the front 2 mats you have a choice with or without BMW logo on the corners.The mats are made of a thick, durable velvet and with 100% fit!The edge can be finished with fabric* and leatherThe entire back is made of anti-slip material, which prevent them from sliding around*Blue is only available as leather edge finishThe 5 available colors for the mats are:BlackBeigeBlue GreyRedIf you want a different/personal finish of your set of mats, please contact me to discuss the possibilities: info@timsclassicparts.nl

those look perfect! Ordering
                              2006 ZHP cabrio Imola​

Comment

Working...
                              X