Mtech steering wheel owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mtech steering wheel owners

Can you do me a quick favor and measure the distqnce between the turn signal and the steering wheel? trying to collect some info.

Pleasr state whether ur stalk is obc and whether your car is an airbag one or not

-Blame my typos on my fat fingers & Droid Charge

Mtech I or II?

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

I'd be interested in the MtechII specs for a previous airbag car..

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
        Mtech I or II?
        Mtech 1 but if u have an mtech 2 it would be good to state the specs too

Comment

narrow or wide diameter wheel?
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Guessing by my hand it should be around 4 inches. Non abg, non obc, MTII wheel.

Comment

I have a non obc, previously airbag swapped to MT1. I think I have around an inch of clearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                Guessing by my hand it should be around 4 inches. Non abg, non obc, MTII wheel.
                Thats some serious clearance... I was expecting less than 2.5 inches

Comment

Originally posted by davey101 View Post
                  I have a non obc, previously airbag swapped to MT1. I think I have around an inch of clearance.
                  FREAK
                  That's not a lot... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                    FREAK
                    That's not a lot... Lol
                    Ya, it was weird at first but I got used to it. I actually prefer it now since there is just enough room so that my fingers are very close to grazing the stalks but not quite. Makes for some quick wiper action lol.

Comment

Just a FYI in case people didnt know...

The later airbag equipped e30 have different stalks from the earlier model. So if you swap your airbag wheel out for an mtech wheel, your stalks will be rather close to your wheel. To correct this, youd have to swap the stalks out for the earlier ones, or try to bend them.

Comment

Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
                        Your stalks will be rather close to your wheel. To correct this, youd have to swap the stalks out for the earlier ones, or try to bend them.
                        And if you choose not to correct this, your pretty much riding with 1' clearance as stated above? I think I'd get used to it and prefer it after a while as well, but I just wanna know exactly what I'm dealing with before I have my wheel
                        Last edited by JinormusJ; 04-16-2012, 02:00 AM. Reason: I AM ZE GRAMMAR NAZI!

Comment

Just swap the stalks, its kind of annoying when theyre that close to the wheel. Especially if you want to do some spirited driving without accidentally signaling or activating your wipers. Lol

Comment

i did swap the stalks. i supposedly bought a pre-airbag set but it still feels too close so I'm hoping to get some measurements

Comment

Shoulda just bent the stalks slightly. Save the trouble.
                              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                              X