Getting low beams to stay on???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting low beams to stay on???

I've searched up and down and still can't figure out how to do this, however I found a lot on the independant fog lights. I installed euro ellipsoids with HID's recently and engaging the high beams has become a real problem. I have an 87' specifically, and was hoping someone could post a link for me to get this done for my year car. As is, I can't use the high beams because I don't want to risk blowing an HID...

How will turning your highs on "blow" your HID.

Just pair the 2 hot wires together to feed the HID +. One is + when low beams are on, other is switched + when high beams are on.

What housings are you using for your HID?

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Getting the lows to stay on is as simple as cutting 3 wires.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Isn't the mod to getting the low-beams to stay on with the high-beams, the same as the independent fog-light mod?

~ Go Canucks Go! ~

Comment

i don't think so. cause it only happens when people switch to different lights. with the stock it is fine, but when they switch it should be wires at the headlight and not with the relays/fuses.

Comment

Sigh.. no one read and understand my post. Just keep posting unrelated useless information instead.

Comment

it requires, cutting one wire under the fuse box, and running it to a new location, then clipping two wires up at the headlights themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
                it requires, cutting one wire under the fuse box, and running it to a new location, then clipping two wires up at the headlights themselves.
                sounds so simple now :P
                has anyone done a write up to go from sealed to euro smileys?

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
                  Sigh.. no one read and understand my post. Just keep posting unrelated useless information instead.
                  Mix two eggs a teaspoon of oil, add batter stir, until at desired consistency.

No thats a cake sorry.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
                    any "how-to" write up's available on this?

it was my understanding that you can just modify the high & low beam relays to do this...possibly bridging the #30 prongs on each?

Comment

How will turning your highs on "blow" your HID.

Just pair the 2 hot wires together to feed the HID +. One is + when low beams are on, other is switched + when high beams are on.

What housings are you using for your HID?
                      Current Cars
                      2014 M235i
                      2009 R56 Cooper S
                      1998 M3
                      1997 M3

Comment

I read it was a simple as pulling the K4 & K3 relays and bridging the #30 prongs...has anyone used this method?

Comment

Leave the fucking relays alone!

Read my damn post.

I have a 87, had sealed beams, had US ellips, now have euro ellips. I know what I'm doing!

Comment

Leave the fucking relays alone!

Read my damn post.

I have a 87, had sealed beams, had US ellips, now have euro ellips. I know what I'm doing!
                            LOL...ok so let me see if I'm understanding your method correctly. Instead of tying off the extra wire that originally went to the stock housings, I should now tie that in with the other positive that is currently connected?

Comment

The method I used was to add Euro h1's to an 85 325e, I opened up the insides of the fuse box, and removed the wire from pin 87a of the High beam relay, then connected it to the 12volt post in the center of the box. And then cut the wires coming from the highbeam to the highbeam plug on the low beams. This made it so low beams were independent of the highs as I just have single filament bulbs.
                              There is more then one way to skin a cat, so it just depends on what you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X