Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having some trouble with rightclick.
    I bought a kit from them, about a year ago. Installed, worked fine, blinking all four corners.
    After a few months only the left side blinked. It still locked and unlocked fine, so i didn't do anyhing with it.
    Few months later it started blowing the fuse every few days. At first i thought it was a problem with the car, but i can't find anything.
    I emailed them about this, at first i got reply's. They obviously thought there was a problem with the car as well. I tried to explain i already tried/tested many things and can't find anything wrong with the car's electric system.
    When i asked for a replacement, they simply stopped emailing.
    I tried opening a few new tickets over the last few months without any replies.

Can't say i'm impressed with the service.

Comment

Mine was from Rightclick also.

However, I have to say I just got the keys cut, and the key blanks are too narrow so the keys don't work. The guy who cut them noticed after he cut them. So now I just took the key blade out and have just the fob on my keychain. Which isn't such a bad thing because they are incredibly flimsy and would no doubt snap off in the ignition.

jakkerd, I'd definitely say that you're having an issue with your wiring somewhere. Will rightclick replace the brain to see if that's the issue and not the wiring?

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
      '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
      '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
      '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Nope, is asked, but no.

Comment

Originally posted by LikeCDoos View Post
          I think the autoloc system is like $120 or something with acuators. That kit is WAY easy to install. I put one on my friends 65' bug seen here:

I have the exact same system. I have had it about 6 months or so now and it has worked great ever since the install.

Comment

Ok just got my $25 kit off ebay. I'm going to follow these instructions:

Does any programming or dip switch changing need to be done to get it to work? Or just wire it like it is and go?

Comment

Wire and go for me.

Comment

Same as this one right?

http://www.lesscoelectronics.com/Ome...m_p/rec43t.htm
                Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Yep. Took me all of 20 minutes start to finish. One of the easiest things I've ever done to this car.

Comment

Are there any good links for the e46 key kit?

Comment

Originally posted by cbouchez View Post

Placing an order today! Finally my central locking mechanism is fixed...

Comment

it would be good if the pictures were still linked...
                        sigpic

- 1987 325e m20 6cyl manual -

Comment

Does it stil work if antenna doesnt work?

Comment

Originally posted by Eydreeyun View Post
                            Does it stil work if antenna doesnt work?
                            depends why your antenna doesn't work...

Maybe this would be a good place to post my question.. I installed my system a couple months ago, and only got the lock function to work. I cut into the trunk wires to use the trunk lock. I wired everything up correctly, except it won't unlock. Even if i stick the key in the trunk and unlock it it will not unlock all the doors. Anyone know whats up?
                            -Alex

Comment

Too lazy to read all 26 pages--is there a consensus on what the best unit is, and where to get it? My car only locks from the trunk :/
                              sigpic
                              -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Fix your central mechanism first.

Comment

Working...
                                X