Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case anyone else is considering it DO NOT BUY FROM RIGHTCLICK. They have caused me nothing but problems. I paid for FedEx 3 day air and they shipped it via Royal Mail. Once i got it 17 days later their key blades are too narrow and wont fit in the locks correctly. When i asked for a refund or new blades they ignored me. Dont really have anything good to say about them, other than the kit itself isnt bad.

Cliffs: RightClick sucks a bag of dicks, customer service is nonexistant, decent quality kit other than the keys not fitting.
    -Alex

Comment

the possibility the car's actuators need replacement. look inside behind the trunk panel and see if you have an actuator there. if you have it, then you have central locking and it just needs a replacement. your doors should have them too.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
      ---------------------------------
      89 E30 S52
      ---------------------------------
      Transaction Feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
        In case anyone else is considering it DO NOT BUY FROM RIGHTCLICK. They have caused me nothing but problems. I paid for FedEx 3 day air and they shipped it via Royal Mail. Once i got it 17 days later their key blades are too narrow and wont fit in the locks correctly. When i asked for a refund or new blades they ignored me. Dont really have anything good to say about them, other than the kit itself isnt bad.

Cliffs: RightClick sucks a bag of dicks, customer service is nonexistant, decent quality kit other than the keys not fitting.
        Woaaa too late I guess but thanks for the heads up, I got my stuff in 4 days no prob.

What wires did you connect? I only did the red and black (power & ground) and the white, whte/black to the green/black, greeb/violet
        Originally posted by e30lov
        sweet a mk4 jetta, haven't seen one of them for about 14 seconds
        Adventures of an E30

Comment

Originally posted by mRodiek View Post
          Woaaa too late I guess but thanks for the heads up, I got my stuff in 4 days no prob.

What wires did you connect? I only did the red and black (power & ground) and the white, whte/black to the green/black, greeb/violet
          well that sucks for me, but good for you! and those wires work? i'm just connecting the white and white/black wires to the green/black and yellow/black wires from the trunk. and the power and ground, also.
          -Alex

Comment

I hooked it all up but my CLU is bad & IDK what it looks like lol
            Originally posted by e30lov
            sweet a mk4 jetta, haven't seen one of them for about 14 seconds
            Adventures of an E30

Comment

I wired mine in about a week or so ago (REC-43T) and it's been working flawlessly since. Best $30 I've spent on this car. Follow the directions from the link posted above and it should work fine.

Comment

UPDATE: Everything still works perfectly. Only one "problem" though...can't program the 2nd remote to work. I held down the transmitter program button but it only beeps once and lets me program the 1st one over and over. It will never beep twice for the second one. Any ideas?

Comment

Any opinions from this place?

http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?item=REC43T
                  I'm ready to get one.

Thanks!
                  Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

anyone have a success story for a convertible?

Comment

Question: On my vert, the only way to centrally lock the car is to turn the key in the trunk lock cylinder. Will this unit be able to lock everything up? Thanks.
                      Mark
                      88 325ic
                      03 325i

Comment

Originally posted by cbouchez View Post
                        Any opinions from this place?

This website is for sale! savinglots.com is your first and best source for information about savinglots. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

I'm ready to get one.

Thanks!
                        It's cheaper from TNT.
                        Mark
                        88 325ic
                        03 325i

Comment

^^+1 Got mine from them. eBay can't be beat for stuff like this.

Comment

Rightclick doesn't list them anymore, anyone know of another source with BMW styled keys?

Comment

I emailed rightclick on 3/19/2011 about the new style BMW keys and they said that they were getting more stock in 4-6 weeks...so hopefully they have them soon because I want to order that unit also.

EDIT: Just sent them an email checking up on it, so I'll let you know what happens.

'91 318is - OBD-II S52 swapped - E30 M3 5-lug - 5x120 BBS RC090 (E39 Style 5) - TCK D/A coilovers 550/700 [SOLD]
                              '87 535i - Vacuum brake conversion [SOLD]
                              '93 525iT - 5-speed swap - 320k and counting
                              '09 328xi - 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by mrl325i View Post

thanks!
                                Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Working...
                                X