Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Favorite $30 Mod so far...(keyless entry)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine just died... 9 months so far, I'll be ordering a replacement soon.
    Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

just installed mine. I am a happy camper
      2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
      (Daily Driver)
      Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
      KW V2 Coilovers
      VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

I am ashamed to say that I am a premature spender... I bought what I thought was a really great unit (midnight eBay goggles) prior to seeing the great reviews about the more popular choices in this thread, but have come to really regret the $35 expenditure as I am not sure what to do with it due to the instructions that came with it, which I would rate somewhere between kindling and toilet paper. Please, someone, help... This is the unit on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Remote-Centr...ht_3092wt_1107. Wire diagram below...

I have searched and understand what wires do what in the trunk of my car, but I don't understand, based on these instructions, how to simply make my car have keyless lock and unlock without the shock of returning to my car in a parking lot and watching it burn to the ground. Again, please help...

Comment

Comment

LOL I did this Drunk and it works...

I've always been proud of being a Marine.
            I won't hesitate to defend the Corps
            "Supersquad"

‎"Prostitutes are a sub-category of Amusement Parks"-

Comment

Can someone post a link to one? My phone isn't letting me pull it up...

Comment

Post 40 has a link.

Comment

None of the links work!

Comment

I might have to try this.
                    1991 335is in progress

Comment

Goggle ---Omega REC-43T

EBAY------REC-43T

Comment

did all E30s come with power locking system? I'm not sure if I have tested mine yet with the key turned 90 deg to see if it locks all doors.

Comment

Turn the key see what happens.... Even my 86 had power locks

Comment

I got the TNTAutoTuning.com E46 Key Fob Keyless entry unit working.

Keyless Entry Unit: http://tntautotuning.com/store/en/re...-z4-x3-x5.html

This still gets installed in the trunk and still pulls 12v from the antennae motor.

Twist the blue and the Yellow/black wire on the Keyless Unit together.
                            Car Wire - Keyless Wire - Function
                            Brown - Black - Ground
                            Red (Antennae) - Red - Powers the Unit
                            Green/Black - Yellow - Lock
                            Green/Purple - Brown - Unlock
                            Brown - Blue &Yellow/Black - Grounding for Units internal relays.

Here is an atrocious picture of it wired up:

I have not gotten it soldered together and cleaned up yet. My buddy came over and helped me get it sorted on a lunch break.

Here it is all clean.
                            Last edited by SkorcherX; 08-13-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Have you had the key made for the ignition lock yet? If so how did it work.

Originally posted by SkorcherX View Post
                              I got the TNTAutoTuning.com E46 Key Fob Keyless entry unit working.

Keyless Entry Unit: http://tntautotuning.com/store/en/re...-z4-x3-x5.html

This still gets installed in the trunk and still pulls 12v from the antennae motor.

Twist the blue and the Yellow/black wire on the Keyless Unit together.
                              Car Wire - Keyless Wire - Function
                              Brown - Black - Ground
                              Red (Antennae) - Red - Powers the Unit
                              Green/Black - Yellow - Lock
                              Green/Purple - Brown - Unlock
                              Brown - Blue &Yellow/Black - Grounding for Units internal relays.

Here is an atrocious picture of it wired up:

I have not gotten it soldered together and cleaned up yet. My buddy came over and helped me get it sorted on a lunch break.

Here it is all clean.

Comment

Can anybody give a clue how to install keyless on E30 touring? I never looked the wires back in the trunk and don't know if their colors are the same as sedan/coupe. Also from where can i get constant 12V? From the trunk light must be a bitch i think. Same for ground? Thanks in advance.

P.S Do you guys think the trunk is the only way where i can put keyless module , because my drivers door lock mech. is fucked up, you know the problems with the lock "stick" inside the door can't get all the way down and pop up with key in lock position...

Comment

Working...
                                X