How to set MotoMeter odometer mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by george graves View Post
    It's not a crime if you aren't defrauding someone. Jeeze...do you also not tear the tags off the mattress?
    I can tear those tags off legally?

Comment

great write up. i currently have 3 mileage numbers to track (the odo, the actual chassis mileage, and the motor mileage) and this will make my life easier by knocking it down to two.

Comment

any idea to remove the glue from the batteries?
        '87 cabby parting
        sigpic92' calypso cabby preparing for storage

Comment

No I havent messed with the SI board
          450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Back to the top - any update on VDO odometers? I just had mine apart for a gear replacement (brought to you by garagistic) and wish I had seen this thread earlier. Is the VDO procedure much different?

Comment

VDO is much easier. I will put up a step by step tomorrow evening.
              450whp 524 lb-ft 1988 336ic In progress

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=250709

Comment

Originally posted by RagtopE30 View Post
                VDO is much easier. I will put up a step by step tomorrow evening.
                thank you

-
                Project
                Parts for Sale
                Feedback
                YouTube Channel

Comment

Pretty awesome, thanks, this will help when I install my new cluster

Comment

just did this. reclocked to my 287 miles on brand new engine :) :) :)

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
                    Ig:ryno_pzk
                    I like the tuna here.
                    Originally posted by lambo
                    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

that's a lot of work to just change the mileage. you don't really need to remove the face for vdo or moto.
                      1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                      1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                      1974 2002tii / stock
                      2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

damn...

i think i lost the tiny bearing from the motor,

i have a vdo and replaced the gears in it and it hasnt been working and should be, and i remember taking that motor out and not seeing a bearing, shit...

i need a new one...

only realised this is why my new gears are not working after reading this thread
                        sigpic

- 1987 325e m20 6cyl manual -

Comment

This is a great write up matt, thank you,
                          I was wondering if you knew where to order the plastic gears for the odo on the other side of the motor. I have 2 large gears that the teeth started to tear off, and the same for the very small black one.
                          Thanks
                          I love that people ask stupid questions so I dont have.

Comment

I replaced the VDO odo gears in 2 cars recently. On the 318i it had been broken for ages and as much as I wanted to bring the readings current, I did not want to risk taking it apart. On the 325 I was following the recommendation from odometergears.com by blowing out all the bits of debris with an air compressor. Turns out there is a paddlewheel (I cant recall which end of the gear shaft it was on) that when you hit it with air, it will wind the odometer back or forwards. This speedo hadnt been broken for long so I didnt change the readout, but I would guess that I could have wound it back to zero from 200k in 15 minutes with NO disassembly.

As for Federal Odometer Statements, cars over 10 years old check the "exempt" box. Case closed :-)
                            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                            Alice the Time Capsule
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

if any of you are too afraid of doing this, i have a couple dozen speedos leftover and can set em up and ship em out with new odogears.com gears for less than the cost of the gears themselves.
                              1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                              1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                              1974 2002tii / stock
                              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

I had to fix the mileage on my current cluster, very easy to do, and dont have to take off needle/face as mkcman17 said

Comment

Working...
                                X