Upgrading to Parallel Flow Condenser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immajackuup View Post
    Just to let you know,you have to cut part of this piece to get mounting brackets align.
    I saw that on the other thread. I had already taken off the bracket off my old condenser a few weeks ago for another new condenser I ended up not using. I'm just going to use it instead. ;)

Comment

so what's the deal glucklich21?

Comment

Iz confused. Whatcha getting at?

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
          Iz confused. Whatcha getting at?
          getting what???

Comment

Are you asking why I'm using the stock bracket instead of the one it came with?

Comment

Are you asking why I'm using the stock bracket instead of the one it came with?
              no

Comment

Stop editing your post.

I should have it finished within the coming week or so. I haven't started yet. ;)

Comment

feels good to have a/c in this 107 heat!!!!

Comment

what a write up! kinda wants a/c in my swap now... 50 degrees.. dayum.
                    Originally posted by Lof8
                    4 doors allow you to transport more whores.
                    therefore, their value is much greater.
                    Down to: 89 aw2 332i/4/5 , 70 Sahara 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Unearth078 View Post
                      what a write up! kinda wants a/c in my swap now... 50 degrees.. dayum.
                      I've actually managed to get it even colder than that, but given the ambient temps at the time, I would honestly say that suffices pretty well.
                      1989 325i - 2.7i, Holset H1C, 60lb injectors, whodwho MS-PNP.
                      2012 Passat TDI - DD Duty
                      2008 GMC Yukon XL Denali - Kiddie hauler/grocery getter

Comment

Specs on how much freion, oil, and the pressures with your current setup. I don't want the AC guy to blow up my new system. :x

Comment

Specs on how much freion, oil, and the pressures with your current setup. I don't want the AC guy to blow up my new system. :x

Comment

Awesome, thanks.

Comment

Awesome, thanks.
                              don't use pag oil,use ester oil.

pag oil is use when the whole ac system is totally clean out if not use ester oil which is compatible with r12 mineral oil.

Comment

Alright I finally got my PF condensor in about 2 weeks ago. When I installed it, I also replaced the external rubber lines, new 2200 cfm aux fan, new o-rings all around, new dryer, new R-134 expansion valve, flushed the old oil in the entire system out, and put in a total of 6oz of PAG oil in their respected places. The setup works great. It was 98 the day I had the new setup vacuumed and recharged. It was nice and cool, even just sitting in the parking lot. I haven't had a chance to stick a thermo in the vents to see what it says, but I stay cool during the day and ice cold at night. The new setup took 1 lb 8oz of R-134. I believe it requires 2 more ounces if I recall right.

I'm in the process of making a DIY, so I'll post that soon for everyone.

I wanted to wait a little while before updating to make sure I didn't have any issues related to the new parts. So far none other than what seems like either a bad compressor clutch or maybe the compressor itself. Basically the coldest my AC gets is at 3k+ rpms. Doesn't matter if I'm sitting in a parking lot or blasting down the highway.

Comment

Working...
                                X