X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhaurimn
    replied
    Originally posted by noslolo View Post
    I used the boiled linseed oil and paint thinner and it totally restored the plastic. the vents under the wipers were grey, darn near white and they now look brand new, one application and wipe it off. I did the side trim, front grille, all of the plastics in the engine bay, unreal.
    Glad this helped you out! :D

Leave a comment:

• noslolo
    replied
    I used the boiled linseed oil and paint thinner and it totally restored the plastic. the vents under the wipers were grey, darn near white and they now look brand new, one application and wipe it off. I did the side trim, front grille, all of the plastics in the engine bay, unreal.

Leave a comment:

• rzerob
    replied
    I did this with a window breaker button and it looked new. That was 3 months ago. It still looks new.

Leave a comment:

• 86gt635
    replied
    Thanks for the update, looks like a great plastic treatment that will hold up for a while.

Leave a comment:

• jhaurimn
    replied
    Over two years later, havent reapplied the mixture since. Still looks pretty good. :) Probably could be reapplied again after this long.

Leave a comment:

• squidmaster
    replied
    mine are holding up well on the 190e. It's always in a garage fwiw

Leave a comment:

• jhaurimn
    replied
    Originally posted by 86gt635 View Post
    How's this holding up OP?
    Car is under a cover right now hibernating, but last time I had the hood open, it still looked nice. I haven't reapplied any of this mixture to the airbox since I originally used it 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• 86gt635
    replied
    How's this holding up OP?

Leave a comment:

• TrentW
    replied
    Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
    Yes. It works great if the receptacles arent too far gone yet.
    Mine were pretty pink. Used some Zinno touch up paint and they look like new.

Leave a comment:

• tomstin
    replied
    I had a Tacoma truck with black plastic wheel openings. The only thing I found that lasted more than a month or so was

I have no affiliation with the product, just a happy customer.

Leave a comment:

• Regular6d
    replied
    Tri Sodium Phosphate (T.S.P.) also works well as a cleaner to get all of the waxes and mold release agent off I will post some pics when Im done with mine.

Leave a comment:

• redlightpete
    replied
    I've had good results with black shoe polish also.

Leave a comment:

• Semblance
    replied
    Yeah, it must be a different plastic. Or maybe the UV. Still I appreciate the post, it was worth a shot.

Leave a comment:

• jhaurimn
    replied
    Originally posted by Semblance View Post
    no, it does nothing for that.

all my trim has already faded after doing this. not worth the effort imho.
    Sorry to hear that, my air intake is still nice and black.

Leave a comment:

• Semblance
    replied
    Originally posted by MuddyDuck View Post
    Will this work on the hatch cover for my convertible top? The plastic cover has faded and looks dried-out in spots. Would it work even thought it is blue, without changing the color?
    no, it does nothing for that.

all my trim has already faded after doing this. not worth the effort imho.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X