Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aerospace_welder
    replied
    Hello everyone I just pulled a rack from an e36 car at my local junkyard for $46 I am about to do this swap. But the e36 was a convertible 1/99 is this a different rack than a 98 e36?

Leave a comment:

• mRodiek
    replied
    Anybody have a part number for the 95 M3 rack? BMA told me theres more than one on their list

Leave a comment:

• Kevinl
    replied
    All E36's use the same rack except 95' M3 so that one will work

Leave a comment:

• efficient
    replied
    Originally posted by MC Hammered View Post
    No. That is the non-ZHP rack.

You want this one: http://shop.rackdoctor.net/2002-2005...892-712ZHP.htm
    A little more than I want to spend.
    Will this one be alright?
    It's just a daily. But I want a little better turning

Leave a comment:

• MC Hammered
    replied
    Originally posted by efficient View Post
    http://shop.rackdoctor.net/2001-BMW-...25667-330i.htm
    Was thinking of getting this. Is this the e46 rack that everyone is getting?
    No. That is the non-ZHP rack.

You want this one: http://shop.rackdoctor.net/2002-2005...892-712ZHP.htm

Leave a comment:

• efficient
    replied

Was thinking of getting this. Is this the e46 rack that everyone is getting?

Leave a comment:

• not_a_kiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by ascendotuum View Post
    I went with the E46 zhp rack. I just bought new E30 tie rods about three months ago that I plan to reuse. That should work right?
    you should check to verify compatibility in my case i bought the rack and threaded on the e36 tierods no problem. You Might need to follow the whole takedown shown in the build thread

Leave a comment:

• not_a_kiwi
    replied
    Perfect!!!! I'm not too knowledgeable about that specific rack. But if it's male ended like the e36 and in my case z3 rack then you would need to use the whole assembly as e30 tie rod are also male. I went with z3 rack with e36 tie rod ends.

Leave a comment:

• ascendotuum
    replied
    Originally posted by not_a_kiwi View Post
    Which rack did you get? What tie rods will you be using?
    I went with the E46 zhp rack. I just bought new E30 tie rods about three months ago that I plan to reuse. That should work right?

Leave a comment:

• ascendotuum
    replied
    Yes it is non airbag. I got all that and the copper seals as well. Thanks bro

Leave a comment:

• not_a_kiwi
    replied
    Which rack did you get? What tie rods will you be using?

Leave a comment:

• not_a_kiwi
    replied
    Looking for some help to make sure I order the right parts. Here's what I ordered so far:

the rack itself
    AKG spacer kit
    polyurethane flex disc

I think I just need the fluid, high & low pressure hoses, reservoir, and of course the tacos. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.
    Yeah basically make sure you get the washers for the banjo bolts. Is your car non air bag?

Leave a comment:

• ascendotuum
    replied
    Looking for some help to make sure I order the right parts. Here's what I ordered so far:

the rack itself
    AKG spacer kit
    polyurethane flex disc

I think I just need the fluid, high & low pressure hoses, reservoir, and of course the tacos. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• DasTaco
    replied
    So I have an M52 swapped E30 and the steering rack is bad. Will I still be able to swap any of these racks into it or does the M52 change things?
    Did this to my s52 swapped e30 so you should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• ascendotuum
    replied
    So I have an M52 swapped E30 and the steering rack is bad. Will I still be able to swap any of these racks into it or does the M52 change things?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X