13 Button OBC Tricks & Easter Eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dalejandrino View Post
    my OBC wont light up anymore. it used to be backlit all the time so i could see it in the dark or even during the day but now it doesn't light up anymore.

Does anyone know how to fix it? I know it's not broken because I can still see the numbers when I put a light up to it and the time changes and everything but I can't even see it during the day. Please help!!
    You need to search, there are tons on diy. Here is one of them
    I've 'read' many posts, but without pics, it's hard to get a good visual. Well I have now repaired both my lights in each on me e30's. Here is my official write up and most importantly pictures! This version is the short cut (read: time saving) version versus complete removal of the front panel/fas

Comment

Originally posted by Robotin View Post
      look deeper into your question, and the answer will rise within itself grasshopper.

Originally posted by fporro View Post
      your answer lays in your question. keyword ... backlid
      I know i said backlit, but how do i get it to become backlit again, is my question.
      -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
      -1990 325i sedan

Comment

Originally posted by amcink View Post
        You need to search, there are tons on diy. Here is one of them
        http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/542158
        woops didnt see this. thanks man!
        -1987 325is coupe(SOLD)
        -1990 325i sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Dalejandrino View Post
          I know i said backlit, but how do i get it to become backlit again, is my question.
          You don't. You join the microsoft engineering team and declare darkness to be the new standard.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
          Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by u3b3rg33k View Post
            You don't. You join the microsoft engineering team and declare darkness to be the new standard.

Or join the Linux world and go the LED route.

Comment

Alright I have a problem that could take some thought. My gas gauge is very tedious, when I start the car in the morning it will usually show around the accurate amount of gas. Me and my dad always thought there was something wrong with the circuit board in the back but now that I learned of the "push 1000 and 1 it will show your gas in litre's" I realized that the gas gauge and the OBC were both reading full tank when I know there is not even close to a full tank. Could it be the sensor?
              1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
              BMW

Comment

This website was more helpful than reading the whole thread. I did the anti theft protection and it works. Car cranks but won't turn on unless I enter the code.

Comment

My bro does the same thing in his car and it seems to work. Just cranks and nothing happens. All you buys that dont have the 13 button obc like myself I just pull the fuel pump fuse.
                  sigpic
                  TRANSACTION FEEDBACK HERE
                  FOR SALE ITEMS HERE

Comment

Has anyone found out what the 4 way dial is on the back? The suspense is killing me..
                    1981 320is, Alpine White, 5 speed (Sold)
                    1992 318is, Brillantrot, 5 speed (Sold)
                    1996 328i, Montreal Blau, 5 speed (Sold)
                    1991 325i Coupe, Alpine White II, 5 speed (Current)

Comment

Originally posted by Falconer View Post
                      Has anyone found out what the 4 way dial is on the back? The suspense is killing me..
                      anybody?

I just put 13 buttom back together and looked at the innards of this dial. Not sure what it does though.
                      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Anyone know how to set the 6 button so it is displaying the time when your turn on the car?
                        That would be great, every time I start my car I have to change it from temp to time.

Kinda annoying, I wanna go 13 button but I don't know about the wiring, is it plug n play?

Comment

I don't remember for the 6 button, but the 13 button conversion is simple. You need the wiring harness and to get just the basic features, you will unplug the yellow plug/harness that connects to the back of your cluster, and use the 13 button wiring harness with yellow plug/harness....
                          1997 Artic Silver M3
                          CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
                            I don't remember for the 6 button, but the 13 button conversion is simple. You need the wiring harness and to get just the basic features, you will unplug the yellow plug/harness that connects to the back of your cluster, and use the 13 button wiring harness with yellow plug/harness....

I see so it's as simple as unplugging and plugging in.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                              I see so it's as simple as unplugging and plugging in.
                              Yes
                              1997 Artic Silver M3
                              CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
                                Yes

Awesome thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                                X