No announcement yet.

Bumpers, bumpers, bumpers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So whats a common bumper for the early models? Pics on the first page arent working for me. So im guessing there is no specific bumper for the 84-87 since all the kits i seen say 84-91

Comment

Originally posted by ThaiRacer View Post
      So whats a common bumper for the early models? Pics on the first page arent working for me. So im guessing there is no specific bumper for the 84-87 since all the kits i seen say 84-91
      lol, no kits for the pre facelift?
      "oldskool" kits..

how about:

Mtech 1 (oem)
      Aerodynamica 1 (oem)(2 versions)
      Foha
      Zender
      Kamei
      Schnitzer
      BBS

Comment

Originally posted by MeesterPieter View Post
        lol, no kits for the pre facelift?
        "oldskool" kits..

how about:

Mtech 1 (oem)
        Aerodynamica 1 (oem)(2 versions)
        Foha
        Zender
        Kamei
        Schnitzer
        BBS
        But with our big US bumpers, it's kind of hard to find kits for them.

1992 BMW 325iC
        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Men this sucks if i woulda known more about E30's i woulda got the dam 88's with the plastic bumpers. So will the lower valence from the 88 fit the 86?

Comment

Originally posted by ThaiRacer View Post
            Men this sucks if i woulda known more about E30's i woulda got the dam 88's with the plastic bumpers. So will the lower valence from the 88 fit the 86?
            Yes.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Are side skirts interchangeable between early and late model cars? I'm not talking about the aftermarket sideskirts that cover just the bottom rockers. I'm referring to the type of sideskirts that flow upwards and meet the wheel arches. I want to get a pair of Zender or BBS sideskirts, but I need to know if they fit early or late model cars specifically or if they should fit both. Thanks
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                Are side skirts interchangeable between early and late model cars? I'm not talking about the aftermarket sideskirts that cover just the bottom rockers. I'm referring to the type of sideskirts that flow upwards and meet the wheel arches. I want to get a pair of Zender or BBS sideskirts, but I need to know if they fit early or late model cars specifically or if they should fit both. Thanks
                Yes they are, excluding convertible.

If you like, PM me, as I have a Zender (in L.A.), etc for sale.

Comment

I have a pre-88 car.. can I swap out the DB's with plastic and keep the same early airdam/valence?

Comment

Originally posted by Schneider325 View Post
                    I think its just the endcaps that are different
                    the FRONT euro is identical. The REAR has different ends than the euro coupe (metal, and associated plastic trim).
                    e30 x2 (1 cab) lotsa mods; e46 w/m3 front bumper + 330zhp suspension, e36/7 (z3) 3.0i :p

Comment

Originally posted by nutrof View Post
                      I have a pre-88 car.. can I swap out the DB's with plastic and keep the same early airdam/valence?
                      on the front, yes. just put on the side mounts and make sure your plastic bumper has the shocks on it (the DB shocks won't work without A LOT of modification - tucking and spacer on the top). It doesn't look bad; imo it's better than a DB... So, yes: you do NOT need the new valence. It will look a little like a heftier euro bumper on the front if you keep your old valence.
                      The rear is a PITA, but it can be done, check the write-ups on the rear.
                      e30 x2 (1 cab) lotsa mods; e46 w/m3 front bumper + 330zhp suspension, e36/7 (z3) 3.0i :p

Comment

I'm thinking of putting on the 88-90 cab shocks on my 86 to get a semi-tucked look without drilling, does anyone who has put the cab shocks on know how much it will tuck the boards? Any close up pics for a comparison?

Comment

Whats the point in doing all that when you can obtain used shocks if you ever needed to go back for FREE? No one uses diving board stuff and its basically at penny a dozen prices
                          Just sayin.

Comment

Dosen't seem like a big job to do to get the bumpers somewhat tucked without having to loose the compression in the shocks. I'm sure I can find some cheap cab shocks to do this, just want to know how shorter they are and how much closer the bumper will actually be to the body. I don't really mind the db's, I don't think they are that bad when tucked a little. Would much prefer euro bumpers, but they are pretty much the holy grail for e30's, and priced accordingly...

Comment

Just a quick question. I can see from photos the 88 325i/S has the small/plastic bumper front valence. So you unbolt big bumper and bolt on a small bumper? That is correct? Obviously hook up your turn signals which may or may not need wiring.

Now for the rear. Same bolt on proposition? Does the 88 have the rear lower valence already or was that actually added in 89?

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                                Just a quick question. I can see from photos the 88 325i/S has the small/plastic bumper front valence. So you unbolt big bumper and bolt on a small bumper? That is correct? Obviously hook up your turn signals which may or may not need wiring.

Now for the rear. Same bolt on proposition? Does the 88 have the rear lower valence already or was that actually added in 89?
                                You're correct about the front bumper, and the rear is bolt on as well. It does have the newer plastic bumper rear valence as well. Everything just bolts up.
                                -Pierre
                                1987 535is
                                1988 325is

Comment

Working...
                                X