according to this guy it fits

-
    Project
    Parts for Sale
    Feedback
    YouTube Channel

Comment

so how do you install the shifter?
      1- place the cup/round white bushing into the arm and then press the shifter in.
      2- Do you use any grease if so what kind?

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
        so many choices so much info... the stock shifter on my s52 swap is really close to the drivershaft. I want a really short, really precise (i like notchy shifters) that will not hit my driveshaft.... Z4 2.5i?

sean selling them what is this?
        If you want short and notchy, avoid the Z4 2.5.
        I have it and it's more of the smoother, easier to shift kind.

If you want notchy, get a Z3 1.9 or a Z4 3.0. The 3.0 might be abit extreme though, you'll surely put more stress on the linkages due to the lower position of the selector arm and the angle to the gearbox linkage. Unless you find a way to increase the height of the ball mount cup.

Comment

Originally posted by evilnickwong View Post

If you want notchy, get a Z3 1.9 or a Z4 3.0. The 3.0 might be abit extreme though, you'll surely put more stress on the linkages due to the lower position of the selector arm and the angle to the gearbox linkage. Unless you find a way to increase the height of the ball mount cup.
          etxxz, were you wanting to contact me?

I don't have this on the first page, but I've had a Z4 3.0i shifter in my car for a long time now (like 4+ years) and the first thing people say when they see my shifter is - "WOW, is that a short shifter!" It's pretty noticable - in all aspects. Length and throw.

It's very very notchy. It's rough on the shift lever and the linkage sometimes. When shifting into second, when the transmission is cold, I will sometimes grind. I have bent the selector rod, thinking that the rod should be making inputs into the transmission when straight and not at an angle (therefore making gear selection more accurate). I've also added LOTS of weight to my shifter - a big shift knob, and solder wrapped around the lever.

My lever is not real solid anymore - it's starting to wobble a bit. But my linkage has held up. :)
          - Sean Hayes

Comment

that is good to know sean. I can see you wrapping lead tape for tennis rackets all around your shift lever.. thank you for the insight.

have you driven one of the new bmw's 6sp? i like the feel and precision, but the shift is as long as my e30's. Its a canoe paddle compared to my gf's rx-8. I would love her shifter on the track.

I'm using all my s52 shift linkage hardware from a Z3-M, but i can't remember if i'm using the e30 shift lever because the throw is not that short. I'll take your advice so a Z4 3.0 is probably my best bet followed by the Z4 2.5. If i have a Z3-M, it would explain why i'm hitting the driveshaft when i hit my shifter (hear clinging). If this is the case, i am wasting everyone's time because i would already have a "ssk" :mrgreen:

I'll get under my car today and figure out if i have an e30 or e36 shifter just by looking at the length of arm south of the shifter ball joint.

you have prices on your first page.. does that mean you sell them? that's why i refered to you on my post.
            No more e30s for me.
            88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
            88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
            91 BMW 325i [sold]
            86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Well this thread is almost 50 pages ling. I dont know if it was posted any place but I thought I would share.

I went to the local dealer today to order up this list.

Z4 3.0i SSK
              1x . . . 25 11 7 516 160 - Z4 3.0i Shift Lever
              4x . . . 25 11 1 220 439 - Spacer Rings
              1x . . . 25 11 1 220 832 - Rubber Bearing sleeve (could be replaced with UUC Delrin Bushings)
              2x . . . 25 11 1 220 379 - Circlips $0.50 (one extra)
              1x . . . 25 11 1 220 600 - Nylon Shift Bushing - $4.00
              Come to find out about 1/2 of them they changed the part numbers on.
              So here is my list.

1X . . . 25-11-7-543-193 Z4 3.0i Shift lever 61.00
              4X . . . 25-11-1-220-439 Spacer rings 0.80
              1X . . . 25-11-7-519-669 Bearing sleeve 9.54
              1X . . . 25-11-7-571-899 Securing clip 0.53
              1X . . . 25-11-1-469-397 Nylon bushing 6.48

Comment

Originally posted by evilnickwong View Post

huh? the Z3 1.9 isn't notchy at all. It's not all that short, either.

the 3.0, sure..
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Ah I might be mistaken then, that's just what I remember from trying one once. :)
                  But yeah, the 3.0 is quite the notchy little fella.

Btw Sean, not sure if this will interest you considering you mentioned you are using a really heavy knob:

Comment

I just installed the z3 1.9 shifter with the ZHP knob. the knob does bring the overheight down and feels great. the shifter is shorter and alittle more notchy then stock as expected but nothing out of the ordinary for DD.

Comment

i bought a bmw zhp knob and installed it on my z3 1.9 lever and it feels great!

-
                      Project
                      Parts for Sale
                      Feedback
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

I rebuild my whole shifter last year but gear stick remained original, wanted Z3 1.9 but never sure how short it would be.
                        A couple of days ago I took for a spin friends E34 525i with freshly installed Z3 shifter, it feels really great, short but not notchy, also I noticed klik-klak sound when changing gears, my M20 gearbox feels like going through pudding when shifting?
                        Will Z3 shifter make this better or should I get some other like Z4 one or smth?

Comment

Originally posted by cro320 View Post
                          Will Z3 shifter make this better or should I get some other like Z4 one or smth?
                          You need to rebuild the assembly with fresh bushings. That's where a lot of the play comes from. Replace the shifter while you are in there and it'll feel like new.

Comment

Does anyone know exactly what comes with the KO Performance kit? This is what I'm looking at:

car parts, OEM parts, BMW parts, BMW accessories, Audi parts, Audi accessories, Porsche parts, Porsche accessories, Volkswagen parts, VW parts, KO Performance

They say it comes with everything necessary, but I just wanted to see a parts breakdown. Anyone ordered this particular kit? The price looks good compared to everyone else, and it looks as if a few people in this thread have already recommended these guys, so.....
                            Jason

Comment

Double post...
                              Last edited by MoparJ; 09-27-2009, 03:22 AM. Reason: internetz failure
                              Jason

Comment

thanks so much for useful info
                                Laser liposuction before and after photos - laser liposuction prices - How much does tumescent liposuction cost?

Comment

Working...
                                X