Comment

cool thanks...im about to get one

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
      Instagram:
      https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
      LS Build Thread:
      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Well folks, I just installed the Full Auto Solutions kit and its very BAD ASS. The parts all seemed very high quality and tech support is very knowledgeable. It was a pain in the ass to install, had to lower the tranny and so on but very worth it.
        Randall Racing and Engineering
        Acworth, Georgia, 30101
        http://www.facebook.com/RandallRacingandEngineering

Comment

post regarding UUC short shifter and DSSR in an e30/m42/240.. very happy!

(many photos)
          -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by blueapplesoda View Post
            I purchased the new style full carrier shifter from a guy named "Kazespeed" on eBay, maybe get in contact with the seller and see if he can get that item. If he can't get it anymore, or doesn't want to, I can look into it, but I may have to buy a small quantity, so my prices may not be as attractive as the $50 kaze had them posted. It may even be cheaper, too, we'll see.
            I emailed the seller and he directed me to a website. The shifter kit is still available here: http://4caroption.com/product.php?pid=2969

Comment

anybody knows how short is shifter from 2004 330Ci? I founded wracked car so shifter is mine for free...
              opinions?

Comment

pull it out and take a pic :P

All-Red/MHW style Professional Tinted Tail lights
                PnP EMS, fuel injectors, wideband o2 systems

Comment

got it out today, 330Ci shifter:

Comment

hey everyone!!!
                    I have an 84 318.. i just bought a z4 short shifter... but there is a problem =/ my shifter is hitting the driveshaft... btw i have a 1991 aluminum bar .... need help to fix problem asap

thank,

paul
                    my project

http://r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=164374

Comment

Bend the lever. Process is described in the first few pages of this thread.
                      Originally posted by Gruelius
                      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

i need some help removing this....

i wanted to just put a stock shift knob i have, but realizing i couldnt get the exsiting knob off, and then realizing the whole thing is after market, pissed me off

anyone know the easiest way for me to go about removing this

Comment

Pull it out through the bottom
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Installing a Z3 - 1.9 shifter in a 1989 325 convert. This is the second time I've installed a short shift kit in an E30. Both times I could not fit a washer on both sides of the shifter bushing. The pin in the selector rod is not long enough for a washer, the shifter, a washer, and the clip. I just ordered the selector rod for the 1990 E30. It's supposed to have a longer pin and a bend from the factory. Has anyone had this experience?
                            ALSO BEWARE: the aluminum carrier is supported in the rear by a round rubber bushing held by sheet metal. If you press down on the carrier when installing the ball cup, the support bends down. The aluminum carrier then sits off angle in the bushing. More important, the whole stick is lower and the selector rod is closer to the balancer. Before you add that extra few degrees of bend to the selector rod, check the rear bushing holder. You can tap it back up into place if it's been pushed down. In my car it lifted the selector 1/4 inch up from the edge of the balancer.

Comment

Newer BMW levers (since ~2007) have the width of the spec washers cast in to the lower pivot bushing, so no washers are needed.
                              Last edited by bimmer95; 03-23-2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seacure View Post
                                Installing a Z3 - 1.9 shifter in a 1989 325 convert. This is the second time I've installed a short shift kit in an E30. Both times I could not fit a washer on both sides of the shifter bushing. The pin in the selector rod is not long enough for a washer, the shifter, a washer, and the clip. I just ordered the selector rod for the 1990 E30. It's supposed to have a longer pin and a bend from the factory. Has anyone had this experience?
                                ALSO BEWARE: the aluminum carrier is supported in the rear by a round rubber bushing held by sheet metal. If you press down on the carrier when installing the ball cup, the support bends down. The aluminum carrier then sits off angle in the bushing. More important, the whole stick is lower and the selector rod is closer to the balancer. Before you add that extra few degrees of bend to the selector rod, check the rear bushing holder. You can tap it back up into place if it's been pushed down. In my car it lifted the selector 1/4 inch up from the edge of the balancer.
                                the PN for the Z3 1.9 lever was updated, the bottom is wider so it no longer needs both plastic washers.
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X