X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super cheap and easy diy, but I think I'll save up for some MHW's
    「 Terror from the Rising Sun 」

Comment

EDIT: Oh, for those who have done this already on their E30, how does it hold up to rain and car washes? How long should I expect the paint to last on the taillights before I must redo it?
      I've seen pictures of lights that were painted like 2 years before hand and they look fine. And you don't need to worry about car washing or rain. My buddy sprayed mine with a power washer (not full blast or anything) like a week after I did them and it didn't affect them at all.

Comment

They hold up great to weather/normal wear and tear, even washing.

Harsh chemicals, however....
        I just noticed after work today how f*cked they look. It's because the polish we used on my car takes off basically anything, including some spraypaint from wal-mart.

I'll clean it up as best I can, and respray them. I have no doubts that it will look just as good as before. A definite mod you should do.

Comment

Make sure you use automotive grade clear coat after the painting. Comes out MUCH better and will hold up much longer!
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks damn good!!!

What plate filler is that?? Is that a US-spec plate filler? I've never seen one --- only ever seen the European plate fillers.

Comment

Thx for the compliment!Yes it is the US spec plate filler.I really do recommend the clearcoat. Not cheap clearcoat but automotive grade clearcoat and use a few light coats. It comes out smooth and shiny and will hold up to washings.
              Attached Files

Comment

i went for the complete red look. i used red window tint (the kind shops use to tint glass during xmas time) and then a couple of layers of clear automotive lacqure. It is now over a year old and no flaking/peeling issues. Fortunately we dont have a requireement for reverse lights here;)

Comment

Done.
                  Yours truly,
                  Rich
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Rigmaster
                  you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

red on red car

looks good for me

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
                    1997 E36 328iT
                    1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
                    1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

i aslo got them painted all red and added a few drops of black paint in laque :) all this cost me $8 :D (just a can of AUTOSTYLE paint)
                      Last edited by volgapower; 08-13-2006, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Forget paint when Red MHW's can be had. Look much cleaner IMHO--They'll be up for sale soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospec
                          Forget paint when Red MHW's can be had. Look much cleaner IMHO--They'll be up for sale soon.

If you sell me them for 15 bucks, it would be worth it... oh wait they won't fit.
                          Yours truly,
                          Rich
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by Rigmaster
                          you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

i did it too using the bimmer diy write up!!! very nice results!

pix:
                            Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

For Sale: $8k ;)

Comment

my friend did it on his m3 but the paint cracked really bad after 2 months. he did tell me he threw on quite a few layers of paint and clearcoat. would this be the reasons?

Comment

testor paint, few months on there and was holding on fine, didnt use any clear at all.
                                mladen

Comment

Working...
                                X