No announcement yet.

Water Leaks = Fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does any one have pics of the right or left side rear vent, mine has been smooshed closed but I have no idea what I'm looking for?

Comment

hahah wrong post.
      The 9mm is a .45 set on stun.:mrgreen:

Comment

Anyone have the original pictures? (Attach your pict people!)

Thanks....
        89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
        E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

How to unclogg these drains......Pics please....I have a puddle in the Driver side.

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

I would also appreciate said pics. My passenger rear footwell gets standing water only if I park with my car facing down. :(

SC*AR (Schwarz Army)
            No longer stock ride height, rolling as low as a daily driver in New England should without worrying about breaking an oil pan. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by tofubento View Post
              Okay heres a weird one for you guys... I have a leak in my trunk ( 4door ) right where jack and all that rests, I cant find it. The walls are dry, tailights dry, it just sits in that well on the left hand side...anyone know wtf causes that? kause its starting to get annoying.

I have that exact problem. It's not the tail light. It's not the trunk seal. I recall from somewhere that it leaks from the molding clips around the rear window (I have an is).

Comment

Guys, I got pissed off that the GF's '89 325i was having standing water in the rear floorboards.

Our driveway is a steep slope, but I still have no patience for leaky cars.

I pulled her speakers and checked, sure enough the well below the speaker was full of water...well, fuck that.

I pulled the bottom edge of her fender back and drilled a 1/2" hole towards the bottom of the well, draining a good cup of water.

Then, I cleared the hole in the bottom of the fender.

2 months later, still no water. FIXED!

Next, before the car goes in for paint I am gonna use some short tubing glued in place to make the vent come out of the car...as in no chance of the damn thing leaking into the well anymore...when I do this, I will post it on R3V.

Closing SOON!
                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by tofubento View Post
                  Okay heres a weird one for you guys... I have a leak in my trunk ( 4door ) right where jack and all that rests, I cant find it. The walls are dry, tailights dry, it just sits in that well on the left hand side...anyone know wtf causes that? kause its starting to get annoying.

I had the same problem and thought about just drilling holes!! j/k I found the problem to be the rear sunroof drains behind the trunk carpet. The hose had came loose on mine.
                  "We can't drink here.... This is frat country"

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
                  I'm gonna quote a lot of you later this year.

Comment

Any pics....

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

Originally posted by japspecvr6 View Post
                      Any pics....
                      Would like to see pics also..

Comment

On my parts car, I was having lots of water dripping from under the dash on the driver's side. This car is a rust bucket I replaced the floors already.

Any way I finally found the leak, underneath the Vent grill that the Windshield wiper comes out of the drain hole was clogged and a hole has rusted thru to the driver compartment.

I fixed it by epoxying over the hole, there is no way to get a welder in there.

Just some thing you might want to look out for if your car has the cancer
                        Thanks,

Dan
                        Matawan, NJ

Comment

Ok, this is going to sound like a really dumb question, but where are the rocker drains located? I'm having this exact same problem. :D
                          '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
                          '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
                          '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

i really hope some one can help with this. i just drove 4 hours to PA to buy my new hard top. i put it on and it looks great, but on the way back i drove through 4 thunder storms and when i finally got home i noticed standing water in the rear passenger side of my car and the front passenger side was also soaked. i never had this problem before with my rag top, so whats happening? (also, the guy didnt know to buy the pins that hold the top on in the rear, so does anyone have a picture of them or pins for sale?)
                            sigpic
                            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

hey can you repost the pictures for this? They arent showing up and i wanted to do this in a week or so.

Comment

scribed
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X