X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by BimmerTim View Post
    That's why I said crew as well. I'm not local, so I have never met any of them, and I only spoke and emailed with Brody.

Either way, brilliant.
    I know, I know, just being a smart ass.

Leave a comment:

• BimmerTim
    replied
    That's why I said crew as well. I'm not local, so I have never met any of them, and I only spoke and emailed with Brody.

Either way, brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by BimmerTim View Post
    I have recently finished up my E30 S50 Turbo build and I'm running the Miller Performance 24v Turbo Tuning Package. It's fantastic. Everything works awesome.

I can't say enough good things about Brody and Miller. There were a few hiccups along the way, but Brody and the Miller crew were second to none when it came to resolving the issues.

I would 110% recommend Miller product to anyone.

Thank you so much for putting up with me Brody. haha
    Give Dan some credit as well, he's the one that did the actual tuning. :p

Leave a comment:

• BimmerTim
    replied
    I have recently finished up my E30 S50 Turbo build and I'm running the Miller Performance 24v Turbo Tuning Package. It's fantastic. Everything works awesome.

I can't say enough good things about Brody and Miller. There were a few hiccups along the way, but Brody and the Miller crew were second to none when it came to resolving the issues.

I would 110% recommend Miller product to anyone.

Thank you so much for putting up with me Brody. haha

Leave a comment:

• atldohc
    replied
    thats interesting i have the same problem. the check engine light comes on for like a split second at redline. then as soon as i let off to shift the light goes off again. and it was a troublecode for maf sensor but for what specifically i cant remember. i also have an obd1 s52 but im running an off the shelf trm chip.

Leave a comment:

• Mossman
    replied
    brody I've got a question. Currently running an OBD1 S52 with S50 stock chip, 3" MAF, m50 manifold. I get a check engine light at redline and a "air flow meter, signal implausible" or "signal out of range" or something similar code. Code goes off as soon as revs drop below 6500 or so, it basically flashes like a shift light. Have tried other MAFs, same thing. Anyways, I'm sure I'm leaving power on the table without a custom tune, but my question is, does it sound like my setup is past the limits of the 3" MAF or if I got a war chip from you guys would the computer be able to deal with the MAF signal? I suppose adding a resistor to the signal wire would be a possibility, thus scaling the voltage the computer sees down, and tune appropriately, would you recommend against that (assuming the WAR chip can't handle it unresisted).

Anyways...hopefully question was clear enough. The car runs fine now but I do want a proper tune, and when I get one it'll be from you guys, I just wanna know what hardware I need to gather first.

Thanks
    -Sam

Leave a comment:

• gtarwiz
    replied
    Originally posted by brody View Post
    We are working on proper EWS delete software right now. Dan has been away a lot over the past few weeks so we haven't been working on it. When he gets back this coming week, progress will resume.
    Sweet! Thats all that I was originally asking!

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by gtarwiz View Post
    I was asking originally because I wanted to know if it would be like some of the chips on the market that can delete the EWS. Or in the WAR chips case have the ability to delete it with a dialogue box or however you have your program set up to have it disabled.

I have no intentions of running OBDII with my swap but I have an easier time sourcing EWS DME's locally than not.
    We are working on proper EWS delete software right now. Dan has been away a lot over the past few weeks so we haven't been working on it. When he gets back this coming week, progress will resume.

Leave a comment:

• gtarwiz
    replied
    Yes, the WAR Chip is only for OBDI, we don't care about OBDII at this time.
    I was asking originally because I wanted to know if it would be like some of the chips on the market that can delete the EWS. Or in the WAR chips case have the ability to delete it with a dialogue box or however you have your program set up to have it disabled.

I have no intentions of running OBDII with my swap but I have an easier time sourcing EWS DME's locally than not.

Leave a comment:

• lbreevesii
    replied
    I cant wait to see what I can make with a war chip with my setup. pnp, schricks, 3.5hfm, headers, cai, 24# injectors, lightweight flywheel, etc.

Leave a comment:

• e30polak
    replied
    What car was he tuning for you?
    I see Dan almost every time he's in LA tuning. He recently re-tuned one of our Castro built turbo cars.

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
    215 for a tuned S52 cammed M52 I would think you would be at least at 230.
    Does it have headers or anything else done?

Edit Saw it has:
    24Lb injectors
    3.5 euro MAF
    S52 cams
    obd1 manifold
    Please show me some M3 cammed m52s with the same mods, and any off the shelf tune making 230whp. :roll:

That's a healthy s50/s52 with the same mods and a tune. 215whp is very healthy for the set-up they're running. :grin:

Originally posted by EduardoGomez View Post
    So it is like "don't ask don't tell" philosophy

As long as people buy parts that won't make them any more power you will make money
    It's a popular mod that has been beat to death on bimmerforums. Dan and Brody are simply catering to the people that own those MAFs already, The 3" MAF is just as efficient, but almost every big 24v tuner out there has a tune for the larger MAF.

There's no market for Dan and Brody to sell MAFs other than they're own, they're not trying to make extra money off of anyone. :roll:

Leave a comment:

• Adrian_Visser
    replied
    Alot of smart asses ITT. 230whp is s52 territory and even matt from TRM will freely admit that a 3.5"HFM doesn't give you gains without at least shrick cams, it's a known fact.

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied

As long as people buy parts that won't make them any more power you will make money
    I mentioned that the gains were not from the MAF, but from the tuning of the engine. which, regardless of what MAF would have been used it is an engine that doesn't have stock OBDI management.

I'm not here to argue with people who want to use a 540 or euro MAF. They want a solution to use it, so we, like everyone else who can, provides them with one. People don't care if it makes a difference. Look how many STOCK m20 guys run 19# injectors. People just WANT to do things.

Leave a comment:

• EduardoGomez
    replied
    No one said the power was from the MAF. But, like the 19# injector upgrade for the M20, its just something people do, and want software for...

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Exactly! Stock 502 MAF can read maximum to about 260hp so installing a bigger MAF on M52 or M3 that does not make more than 260hp will not result in any power gain.
    No one said the power was from the MAF, it was actually mentioned the gains were from the tune, not the presence of the MAF. But, like the 19# injector upgrade for the M20, its just something people do and want software for...
    Last edited by brody; 08-01-2011, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X