X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dude8383
    replied
    Originally posted by e30polak View Post
    Probably not too much different than Turner chips or TRM. You can't magically make a ton more power on a motor that's been tuned by so many people, so many times.

That being said, Dan is a great tuner, so I'm sure there will be nice numbers with clean AFRs!
    Well I'm concerned with seeing whether there are any actual gains on a 2.8 liter block.

From what I have seen the smaller displacement *read* 2.5 and 2.8 liter motors don't make too much power. IF this makes some decent power, I'm definitely going to consider getting the injectors, maf and tune.

The only dyno's that I've come across were for S50 and S52 motors which make healthy gains with this sort of upgrade. With my current setup I'm making 205whp and 182lbs ft of torXXxzzz...if this motor makes anything above that I'll be happy :D I'm not looking for a magical 20 hp gain either...I just want a little bit more. I'm already at the peak of N/A power unless I go with ITB's and standalone.

Leave a comment:

• e30polak
    replied
    Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
    So what kind of numbers are we looking at?

:D
    Probably not too much different than Turner chips or TRM. You can't magically make a ton more power on a motor that's been tuned by so many people, so many times.

That being said, Dan is a great tuner, so I'm sure there will be nice numbers with clean AFRs!

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    Originally posted by brody View Post
    You can just cut the EWS wire for now with our tunes if you have EWS.
    No, that does not work in an E30. The EWS module has to be present for that to help.

Leave a comment:

• dude8383
    replied
    So what kind of numbers are we looking at?

:D

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    People shouldn't be so afraid. You can't mess the tune up to the point your stranded, and unless you literally have you head up your ass, you won't blow it up. People tune carbs all day long, using a computer on these cars is essentially the same thing, just with keys and clicks instead.

If you understand an engine, and the tools are put in front of you to tune, 95% of people would be surprised how easy it can be.

Leave a comment:

• e30polak
    replied
    I'd rather wait to have Dan tune a cammed car first and download the tune, then try to do it myself, but that's just me....Noobs trying to tune their own cars is just a problem waiting to happen...

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by lbreevesii View Post
    i will definitely be picking up a war chip to replace the TMS chip on my modded S50. Hopefully someone will have a good starter tune for shricks, 3.5afm, 24# injectors, and headers.
    In all honesty, our base s52 tune will be pretty darn close to start with. If you feel like getting your feet wet, massaging the tune for your cams and injectors would be pretty easy. We can also help you over email if you need it.

Leave a comment:

• lbreevesii
    replied
    i will definitely be picking up a war chip to replace the TMS chip on my modded S50. Hopefully someone will have a good starter tune for shricks, 3.5afm, 24# injectors, and headers.

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    OBDII Manifold and 3.5" MAF and stock injectors finished. OBDI Manifold with 3.5" MAF and stock injectors on the dyno now.

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by gtarwiz View Post
    I am interested in seeing the results but will there be an option for ecu's that need EWS delete?
    You can just cut the EWS wire for now with our tunes if you have EWS.

Leave a comment:

• gtarwiz
    replied
    I am interested in seeing the results but will there be an option for ecu's that need EWS delete?

Leave a comment:

• DmcL
    replied
    bronzit FTW!! :drink:

Leave a comment:

• handysmurf59
    replied
    Subscribed!

Leave a comment:

• Roysneon
    replied
    A local guy out here has the W.A.R chip in his m50/S52 cam E30 and he loves it. Made over 200whp before a few bolt on's with it.

Once my swap is up and running/suspension sorted I'm going to be going with this tuning system regardless of what route I take with the engine after that.

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
    Arguing about injectors aside, when can we expect this to be available? My swap is up and running now, minus exhaust till everything for it comes in. I have 21.5# injectors and the 540i MAF, so I'm looking for a chip. I don't mind trying something new. I will have access to a friend's dyno once my car is street legal if you send out a batch for beta testing. ;)
    It will be ready in a couple weeks. We don't need any beta testers, but thanks. We don't really need to "beta test" something as simple as this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X