X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EduardoGomez
    replied
    Originally posted by Philo View Post
    How does a bigger MAF show any increases when the throttle body opening remains constant in size?
    Exactly! Stock 502 MAF can read maximum to about 260hp so installing a bigger MAF on M52 or M3 that does not make more than 260hp will not result in any power gain.

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    It's making great power!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.SWISS
    replied
    215 for a tuned S52 cammed M52 I would think you would be at least at 230.
    Does it have headers or anything else done?

Edit Saw it has:
    24Lb injectors
    3.5 euro MAF
    S52 cams
    obd1 manifold

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    I just want an iPad port. :)

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by tttoon View Post
    Do you have any experience with someone running the software on a mac via parallels or something like that? I like the idea but I'm not really feeling buying a dedicated laptop.
    We have a number of customers who run windows emulation programs on their Mac's. Just make sure you are emulating XP, and all works well.

Leave a comment:

• tttoon
    replied
    Do you have any experience with someone running the software on a mac via parallels or something like that? I like the idea but I'm not really feeling buying a dedicated laptop.

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by e30polak View Post
    Nice numbers Brody! Dan worked his dyno magic once again!
    What car was he tuning for you?

Leave a comment:

• e30polak
    replied
    Nice numbers Brody! Dan worked his dyno magic once again!

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by Philo View Post
    How does a bigger MAF show any increases when the throttle body opening remains constant in size?
    The gains aren't because of the bigger MAF. The gains are because of the tuning. There is no "factory" base tune for an M52 in OBDI form.

Leave a comment:

• Philo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrian_Visser View Post
    Was MAF voltage being measured? How come it says 5V across the board like that?
    Because it wasn't being measured.

Leave a comment:

• Adrian_Visser
    replied
    Was MAF voltage being measured? How come it says 5V across the board like that?

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by e3o View Post
    Any updates on dyno numbers?
    Been busy...

Here is an OBDI vs OBDII M52:

This shows the OBDI ECU. OBDI Manifold, 3.5" MAF, 24# injectors and S52 Cams vs bone stock OBDII

Leave a comment:

• e3o
    replied
    Any updates on dyno numbers?

Leave a comment:

• 1991 e30 bmw 318is
    replied
    Originally posted by brody View Post
    It will work on anything even a normal eprom. 99% of the time, it all comes down to what will be programmed on the chip, not a chip physicality if that makes sense. All you need to do is open your tune in the new software and viola.

PS, send me your tunes and I will update them. The way our new windows software screens the .MPC file is different and we need to tweak some older legacy files. They still operate the same, this is just an ID upgrade.

my buddy has it all on his computer and is away but when he gets back we will update it and try that out, and send you the new tune.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X