X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by 1991 e30 bmw 318is View Post
    yep that's me! also stock m50 injectors... another advantage over buying other chips that make you buy injectors for no reason made 196rwhp and 172t. That was before my 3" exhaust, it was a little lean after the new exhaust tuned it some more and it feels much better should be over 200 at the wheels for sure now.

now i want the launch control... is it only on the new chips Brodie?

Jeremy
    It will work on anything even a normal eprom. 99% of the time, it all comes down to what will be programmed on the chip, not a chip physicality if that makes sense. All you need to do is open your tune in the new software and viola.

PS, send me your tunes and I will update them. The way our new windows software screens the .MPC file is different and we need to tweak some older legacy files. They still operate the same, this is just an ID upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.SWISS
    Uhmm that only holds true for EWS I. Scary that a TUNER doesn't have the knowledge of the variances in teh two systems and is hacking DME's.
    It's scary how many people don't read what things are for.

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
    ...And since the WAR chip has absolutely no compatibility with OBD2 whatsoever, I'm not really sure why you think that the question was about OBD2.
    Yes, the WAR Chip is only for OBDI, we don't care about OBDII at this time.
    Last edited by brody; 07-25-2011, 10:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1991 e30 bmw 318is
    replied
    Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
    A local guy out here has the W.A.R chip in his m50/S52 cam E30 and he loves it. Made over 200whp before a few bolt on's with it.

Once my swap is up and running/suspension sorted I'm going to be going with this tuning system regardless of what route I take with the engine after that.

yep that's me! also stock m50 injectors... another advantage over buying other chips that make you buy injectors for no reason made 196rwhp and 172t. That was before my 3" exhaust, it was a little lean after the new exhaust tuned it some more and it feels much better should be over 200 at the wheels for sure now.

now i want the launch control... is it only on the new chips Brodie?

Jeremy

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
    Uhmm that only holds true for EWS I. Scary that a TUNER doesn't have the knowledge of the variances in teh two systems and is hacking DME's.

Not in all cases. For OBD1/EWS1 you can clip a wire and run a red label. However for OBD2 it is much more involved, and I think that was the question that was raised. How will this work with OBD2 and EWS2? Do you turn it off on the dme or is obd1/ews1 tunes what you are doing now for odb2 swapped to obd1 cars?
    In an E30, there is absolutely no wire clipping to be done. The wire is already clipped unless you install the EWS module and wire it into the C101. You either run a red label, or you run an EWS delete chip. Period. End of story.

And since the WAR chip has absolutely no compatibility with OBD2 whatsoever, I'm not really sure why you think that the question was about OBD2.

Leave a comment:

• psyber_0ptix
    replied
    'scribed

Leave a comment:

• Mr.SWISS
    replied
    Originally posted by brody View Post
    You can just cut the EWS wire for now with our tunes if you have EWS.

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
    No, that does not work in an E30. The EWS module has to be present for that to help.
    Not in all cases. For OBD1/EWS1 you can clip a wire and run a red label. However for OBD2 it is much more involved, and I think that was the question that was raised. How will this work with OBD2 and EWS2? Do you turn it off on the dme or is obd1/ews1 tunes what you are doing now for odb2 swapped to obd1 cars?

Leave a comment:

• Toadleg
    replied
    Originally posted by mo diesil View Post
    so no non vanos support then?
    Im running a war chip with the m50 non vanos

Leave a comment:

• mo diesil
    replied
    so no non vanos support then?

Leave a comment:

• mr2peak
    replied
    Originally posted by brody View Post
    If you understand an engine, and the tools are put in front of you to tune, 95% of people would be surprised how easy it can be.
    N/A is one thing, tuning a turbo engine is a different game. Anyone wanting to tune an engine should keep that in mind.

Leave a comment:

• E30auddie
    replied
    Go with olive drab. Or do an air force abu camo. No one has done that yet!

Leave a comment:

• mo diesil
    replied
    any non vanos 24v support?

Leave a comment:

• Bavarian Performance
    replied
    Originally posted by Bavarian Performance View Post
    This may be a noob question but any reason your running the dual pipe exhaust instead of the single like when you where running the M20 and on your e34's?

For a color for the car you should go with yellow like on your first e30 project car. It's still holding up really good!!:)

Also. are you going to have some acceleration numbers for the car through the various stages of the build?

Bump?

Leave a comment:

• brody
    replied
    Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
    Still waiting!! Lets get some feedback guys :D
    Just finishing up the windows software for the WAR for windows 2.0 release. Been a little intense. We will have updates for the WAR Machine by the weekend though, hang in there!

Leave a comment:

• dude8383
    replied
    Still waiting!! Lets get some feedback guys :D

Leave a comment:

• Bavarian Performance
    replied
    This may be a noob question but any reason your running the dual pipe exhaust instead of the single like when you where running the M20 and on your e34's?

For a color for the car you should go with yellow like on your first e30 project car. It's still holding up really good!!:)

Also. are you going to have some acceleration numbers for the car through the various stages of the build?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X