Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M52 swap in e30 what turbo manifold fits well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M52 swap in e30 what turbo manifold fits well?

Ill be swapping an m52 next in the last e30 of mine. It will be turbocharged. Question is who has some experience with this and knows which prefab turbo manifold fits the best? Ive looked at spool industries.
    my m52 has cut ring head gasket, arp head studs, metal impeller water pump, upgraded oil pump with wire lock, refresh kit from ecs tuning. Obviously pan and mount arms to fit the e30. Garagistic mounts.
    kassel ecu tune for the m52 set up. After full shake down illget car tuned with turbo set up.
    as far as all othallitems regarding turbo i know what will be needed. Main thing is manifold

I've used a first gen Rapidspool 24v E30 for 6 years now. It fits well and really nice material/weld/finish quality.
    Price is good and they're popular for a reason, but they do suffer from boost creep on low boost setups.

Otis redesigned the wastegate setup to be more like the current E36 manifold, so the wastegate is now on the front.
    I haven't seen one of these Gen 2 manifolds installed yet, but assuming the quality is the same, I don't think you can go wrong with it.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

My gen 2 E30/E34 M50 turbo manifold seems to be of good quality like my M20 manifold is, but the wastegate pipe routing... That's definitely going to be "good and tight" as he says. There will be pics of how I do it in my E34 in my build thread when it happens.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
      X