Turbo on standard Motronic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    We aren't using an FMU, we are tuning the injector pulse and timing through the Motronic.
    Nice to see you do that bro. If you need help just let me know. Are you using any of my XDFs?

Comment

Originally posted by IxTech View Post
      to answer your question about finding 30# injectors: bosch mustang injectors will fit and you can find them pretty cheap because mustang guys are always going bigger. i just bought 8 30# orange tops for $150. so hopefully you can find someone who will ship internationally

im doing a low budget turbo build myself on my '89 325ix. i have a low cr stroker engine w/ stock internals, 30# injectors, metric blue head studs, stage 3 clutch, gt-35 rep. turbo (till i can get something precision) and 3" exhaust. but i still need to get the WAR chip. im not nearly done and im at already about $3000 deep including the engine.
      might have some build pics up soon
      i wish you luck!
      We have a slew of injectors at my shop. I am currently running Chevy Trailblazer injectors in my N/A 2.7i that are rated 27lb/hr at 62psi which puts them at 22.4lb/hr with my 3bar fuel pressure regulator.

Originally posted by HakenTT View Post
      Nice to see you do that bro. If you need help just let me know. Are you using any of my XDFs?
      Hey there! I am familiar with you from the ECU forum and have read some of your posts here and a few other forums.

If you wrote the xdf that we have been using since 09 then yes we are :)

We just got a JimStim from DIYautotune and plan on going further into the code. Thanks for opening up the doors for the DIY-er on the Motronic stuff, so many people have been keeping the a guarded secret and for no reason, really. The GM OBDI stuff isn't like that at all, and becuse it's so shared the ECU's now can read 3bar MAP sensors, have wideband capabilities, can do electronic boost control etc. If the BMW crowd had done the same thing, perhaps not everyone would be jumping on the MegaSquirt bandwagon so quickly.

I tried your MAF conversion, but not sure how you were doing it, when we tried it, the MAF would max at 8psi and ~4krpm under load.
      john@m20guru.com
      Links:
      Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Motronic can do what M20 can take. Porsche 911 has the same motronic system with flap AFM and makes 300hp. With a use of M30 AFM on the suction side of the turbo I think motronic can be tuned for some serious boost.
        As for other vendor's expensive motronic tunes, maybe you can back me up. They don't do much when they tune, they bump the timing up, bump the fuel maps just a bit, raise rev limit and thats all, they don't dig into code as I did.

Comment

We are tuning this particular car with a blow-through m30 AFM.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
            We are tuning this particular car with a blow-through m30 AFM.
            it can't measure pressure, it would be better if it was pull trough,

Comment

Working...
            X