No announcement yet.

M42 turbo fact thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im running no catch can routing my crankcase vent directly to my turbo intake.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
      im running no catch can routing my crankcase vent directly to my turbo intake.
      That's what I was thinking about doing in the mean time. I know when I pull off the breather hose hose there is a fair amount of oil in the hose. I assume that there is no problem for this small amount of oil to go through the turbo?

Comment

Originally posted by Leon T. Trout View Post
        That's what I was thinking about doing in the mean time. I know when I pull off the breather hose hose there is a fair amount of oil in the hose. I assume that there is no problem for this small amount of oil to go through the turbo?
        Even tho you have some residual in the hose its probably not enough to even make it all the way through the hose into the turbo. But then again you could do a catch can setup inline to stop that.

If It were me I wouldnt want oil going into my turbo but my case is different than most. my engine is brand new and my crankcase vent is bone dry and as clean as it was the day i started the engine.

I like the tuna here.

Comment

Mahle provent.
          Originally posted by priapism
          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
          Originally posted by shameson
          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Heres one. Vacuum lines. How are you guys routing yours? Last time I drove the car it sounded like I had some compressor surge and noticed some excessive shaft play on the old turbo. I dont know if its my bov thats bad or if its my vacuum routing. I plan on testing the bov next time I have some spare time to work on the car and ill grab some flicks of my vacuum lines

Comment

I have all mine ported directly into the base of the manifold, separately. But 666Fab manifold was very easy to drill and tap :D

I'm booked into dyno Saturday, stay tuned for complete pics and vids!

Here is a teaser

- Chris
              Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

:D oh yes. post engine specs as well

Comment

^^ thats nice!

Comment

the intake I want to know more about.

I like the tuna here.

Comment

The intake is a 666fab unit (bought before he closed up shop). There are some details about it that are less than optimal (plenum shape, runner taper) but it is going to get me going for now. We are working on a new design which will include a Billet runner section into a fabbed plenum.

The car has started, just need to sort out a few leaks and the cam sensor timing is wrong, along with a host of other things for the start up tune, but it runs :)

Engine specs are still as my previous post.
                      - Chris

Comment

Looks great Chris! Is your engine in the std E30 position? Looks further back than normal.

What paint did you use for the bay? Ive been considering white as well.
                        -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

It Work

- Chris

Comment

:up::up::up:

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
                              Looks great Chris! Is your engine in the std E30 position? Looks further back than normal.

What paint did you use for the bay? Ive been considering white as well.
                              The engine has been moved back roughly 90mm and rotated 15 degrees clockwise. I am running a custom rear sump and (soon) front sway bar. 325i driveshaft fitted perfectly with this and the G260 Getrag.

It's just white 2 pac, no particular colour. I had in mind the car was going to be resprayed white. At this point a re-shell is looking more likely though.

For reference guys, 265kW @ 20psi, the engine is in no way struggling to achieve this, EGT's are very reasonable, no stupid amounts of ignition etc. Time to have some fun :)
                              - Chris

Comment

thats 355hp for us americans. posting that so not everyone else has to google a conversion like i did :p

Great numbers man! Makes me motivated to finish my car before we get anymore snow here... or at least get some work done on it.

Did you end up going e85?
                                Last edited by MF DOOM; 09-29-2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X