X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I right like the door handles too.
    Attached Files
    Originally posted by Andy.B
    Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
    1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    I was born on 3/25…
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Autocross Video

"It's a M sport, it has M logos on it."
      -Miata Driving Douche-

Comment

Thank you Zach! That was so much fun guys. Cain't wait to do it again.
        Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
        ~~~~~~~~~~
        I was born on 3/25…
        ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I'm compiling a parts list now of things I need before I do it again!!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
          "It's a M sport, it has M logos on it."
          -Miata Driving Douche-

Comment

How'd the video on your phone cone out Jacob? I, uh... *ahem* tried not to talk all the way through it.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Ummm, that guy would not shut up. er something...
              ~~~~~~~~~~
              I was born on 3/25…
              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

It dont fit, I am so jelly.

After moving all the things around for hours, my conclusion is that in order to make the m90 not hit the intake manifold, and still get out of the way of the stock alternator, and still clear the brake cylinder.... you have to have the short snout.

If you move the alternator, it would likely fit. If you have a custom intake manifold, it would likely fit. If you have m62, or the older shorter snout m90, it will likely fit. However, the big m90 will just not squeeze in there normally. There is too much wasted space around the snout and intake side where it normally stretches across a long v-6. Some massaging might make it fit if you are a wizard.... but I am lazy and will likely just cut a hole in the hood.

Also: inspirational shoehorning on a jeep- http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showt...XJ-4-0/page3od.

also hilarious videos: http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f67/fee...59922/index24/

If the m62 is adding 60hp to a jeep I would hope we could get atleast 60-70 out of the m90.
                Last edited by Q5Quint; 04-16-2014, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Quint, just make a damn manifold. It was not that hard. Use a table saw to cut the flange off, table saw again for the 1/4" plate aluminum and have joebob down in town weld it up for you. You know you can doit. Doit!
                  ~~~~~~~~~~
                  I was born on 3/25…
                  ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

for the better option in small M90 what about the t-bird M90?:

you can usually pick one up for around $100-200 off craigslist with all the brackets/hoses and such they're just not quite as common as the GTP model.
                    -Brad
                    My E30: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...50#post3916850

Comment

The great thing about the gm incarnation is that it has the bypass valve built in. I'm gonna try to use one of those on supercharger 2.0.
                      ~~~~~~~~~~
                      I was born on 3/25…
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

T-bird M90 isn't as common as the GM 3800 M90 either.

The real deal to get your hands on is the XJ6R M90. It's perfect, from and I6, for an I6, intercooled, etc.

Good luck finding one though.
                        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                          Quint, just make a damn manifold. It was not that hard. Use a table saw to cut the flange off, table saw again for the 1/4" plate aluminum and have joebob down in town weld it up for you. You know you can doit. Doit!
                          But... but..... I would have to move the throttle body and all those funky vac hoses wahhhhhhh.

I do actually have a spare intake manifold and a buddy with a tig setup for the aluminum, so I should really just stop being a pus about it.

I will flip a coin this weekend if I am in town and not picking up a damn turbo delorean.

The sad thing is I was kind of excited about the mad max hood.

All the cool kids do it!

Comment

All of that room under those hoods wasted...

And there's only like 3 or 4 vac hoses to move. That shit is small potatoes compared to the manifold fabrication. Plus, you need to learn where those hoses go and why. I learned a shit ton about those hoses.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~
                            I was born on 3/25…
                            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

This afternoon...
                              Attached Files
                              ~~~~~~~~~~
                              I was born on 3/25…
                              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Update.

Well, It's been a couple months and almost 3000 miles on the setup. It is just doing wonderfully. There have been some broken parts here and there, but not a one with the supercharger or related hardware.

One thing that is going to have to be amended is the throttle body. It's the one off of the thunderbird and it is so unrefined. It is really annoying to drive very slowly (say you're in a pickup line at the elementary school). It just wants to jump the rpm up to 2500 when you roll onto the throttle from idle. It doesn't have a long enough lever on the TB to make it "school zone friendly".

You know how the m20 TB has some sort of fancy exponential lever business? That's what I need to get back. So I went to pullapart and found a very nice TB from some 20XX ish Saab somethinorother. It has "GM" on one side and "PIERBURG Germany" on the other. It has a really nice contour on the inside, intended to only let the initial bit of air go on one side of the butterfly. It also has the throttle plate exponential opening thingamabob, and bosch 3-wire TPS like I need. So I reckon I'm gonna whip up a new S/C intake u-turn/throttle body mount plate/by-pass valve dump hoopajoop and see if this Saab TB is as nice as it looks.
                                Last edited by Ether-D; 05-09-2014, 12:15 PM.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~
                                I was born on 3/25…
                                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X