Ruthless the turbo 325ix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruthless the turbo 325ix

Lets start with the back story of the car it is a 1991 325ix that I bought in portland oregon a year ago next week, 143,xxx original miles and was owned by a women who had, had it serviced the the bimmer dealership all its life. I am the 3rd owner. the car ran great but leaked a little oil when I bought it, thinking it was the trans output seal I pulled the TC and replaced the seal i also threw a z3 short shift in there and rebuild the shifter/linkage.
    Well fast forward to june the oil leak has become ridicules the whole underside of my car was covered in oil! I had engine oil dripping of my rear floor pans .
    So I get my car on a lift at work and steam clean the whole underside off and threw some dye in the oil to find the leak. I come to find out its leaking out of the head gasket in multiple spots.
    So I say hell with it and pulled it in the shop to start my turbo build (Its named ruthless because that's my cars name!)
    this build thread will be of the build it will probably be slow but hopefully i can get some funds to complete it faster.
    Well here are some pics enjoy.
    A couple days before the surgery lol
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150614_19_33_10_Pro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	7244382
    Pulled In with hood off

Name:	WP_20150623_20_33_17_Pro.jpg
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	7244383
    On jack stands and three rounds I know its sketchy but its all I have 2 on pinch welds and 1 under rear diff.

Name:	WP_20150623_20_46_23_Pro.jpg
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	7244384
    And fast forward to heart surgery

Name:	WP_20150629_18_07_31_Pro.jpg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	7244385
    I pulled the trans and engine together was a lot easier, got the engine on a stand and will be pulling it apart to take to the machine shop.

Name:	WP_20150701_21_10_39_Pro.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	7244386
    Will update when shit happens

Cool, what kind of turbo setup you going with?

Comment

sub'd

Comment

Awesome to see another ix turbo! Car looks clean and good luck with the build
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

I have a brand new h1c 16cm exhaust housing I'm going to use. Probably a cx racing manifold, 3inch stainless straight and a cx intercooler.

Comment

More turbo iX's!
            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Small update I got the head off tonight and will be disassembling it to get the head and blocked decked.

My little buddy helping, he has a hard time using tools though.. Lol

Comment

That h1c is probably going to lag. What are you boost and power goals?
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Ya I know it will have lag 16cm housing is the smallest I could find, my power goals are 350whp.

Comment

Bullseye power makes/used to make a 12cm non-WG housing for holsets. I don't know if they do anymore.

Otherwise there are 12cm internally wastegated turbine housings out there, but then you have to weld it up/run a flange adapter to get it back to a Vband, so it isn't nearly as elegant.
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

https://www.extremepsi.com/store/pro...roductid=23483

I'm pretty sure this is the one
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

If you get hard-up and want to sell that roof rack....let me know!!!!!!
                        NASA
                        BMWCCA member
                        PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                        1997 M3 sedan
                        2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Ya I guess I found a 12cm but for $320 damn that's pricey! Haha if I ever do sell it I will let you know, you dig that yellow fairing?

Comment

Alright guys I got the head torn apart and also got my bottom end mostly take Apart but I have a few questions.

First off is I can't figure out how to get the crank out doi have to use a puller on this black pully thing?

Second how does this gear come out? It is for the oil pump I believe.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X