Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

500 whp m20 on new head gasket, arp head studs and meth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy i was talking about earlier who runs 9's has a e30 coupe on slicks and everything and I haven't heard anything of it, he's broken a lot of axels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by grinchxvx View Post
      I just checked out that thread, a lot of good n54 and NA powered cars but didn't see much m52 turbo. I'll take your word for it though.

I'll checkout that manifold and look around some more. are t4 twin scroll manifolds just not big on these cars yet? In the n54 single turbo world pretty much all setups are twin scroll t4. Supposed to be good for faster spool.

T4 isn't really big on the E30 turbo stuff, not sure why. Maybe a lot of typically used E30 turbos are more often T3, like HX35/40 stuff. Or the smaller A/R stuff for faster spool is T3? I'm not really sure.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
        T4 isn't really big on the E30 turbo stuff, not sure why. Maybe a lot of typically used E30 turbos are more often T3, like HX35/40 stuff. Or the smaller A/R stuff for faster spool is T3? I'm not really sure.

I wonder how much top end power you're
        Giving up with a t3 vs t4. I have a buddy building a s50 Turbo and he has the typical hx35 setup. It's funny how popular that is.

Anyone running a precision turbo? I think a 6262 journal bearing would spool ok and have good top end for 500 whp, a 6466 sound ok too but might be laggy and more expensive

Comment

500 whp m20 on new head gasket, arp head studs and meth?

Just checked out that good n tight manifold and they do have a t4 version for the same price of 500, only thing I don't like is how the wastegate is so far off the manifold. Looks boost creepy. Looks like I could have the motor+ studs and gasket+ turbo and manifold for less than 2000 😎 now to find out how the T4 flange fits as I saw people complaining about it and to figure out what the advantage would be

Comment

Anyone running a precision turbo? I think a 6262 journal bearing would spool ok and have good top end for 500 whp, a 6466 sound ok too but might be laggy and more expensive
            Lots of guys in the BF.C FI section run the PT6262 in either dbb or jb. same with the GT3582R/GTX. Most are running the .8* A/R T3 hotside as far as I can tell. I'm going to run an HX35/40 hybrid until I can afford a ball bearing 6262, and I'll obviously look into it more before I get to that point.

Comment

Just checked out that good n tight manifold and they do have a t4 version for the same price of 500, only thing I don't like is how the wastegate is so far off the manifold. Looks boost creepy. Looks like I could have the motor+ studs and gasket+ turbo and manifold for less than 2000 😎 now to find out how the T4 flange fits as I saw people complaining about it and to figure out what the advantage would be
              The T4 fitment is a gripe I've heard before. I've heard of boost creep when people are running an open downpipe and trying to run low boost, but very rarely, and it usually seems to be related to something weird with their setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                The T4 fitment is a gripe I've heard before. I've heard of boost creep when people are running an open downpipe and trying to run low boost, but very rarely, and it usually seems to be related to something weird with their setup.

Precision seems to make good stuff, I was going to go 6466 on my 135i but then I got this turbo e30 for less than the whole single turbo kit.
                I would like to get the DBB version but it's like 800 more and that's a lot on a cheap car/setup like this. I'll probably just look for a used one off one of the evo guys around here or something. .8x AR sounds about right for a T3 that won't be laggy but still have good top end 😎

Yeah I Just saw people saying the t4 flange hits the shock tower when the turbo is mounted. Open Downpipe as not a full exhaust? I would have a full exhaust but WG would be open dump.

Comment

I think 400 whp on an m20 is doable, 450+ definitely still possible but for how long. Also worth considering is drive-line if you want sticky tires, axles, drive-shaft are possible additional costs.
                  Plus if theres already an m20 in there, why not find out the limit? Not like they are worth alot and you could go to a 24v after.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                    I think 400 whp on an m20 is doable, 450+ definitely still possible but for how long. Also worth considering is drive-line if you want sticky tires, axles, drive-shaft are possible additional costs.
                    Plus if theres already an m20 in there, why not find out the limit? Not like they are worth alot and you could go to a 24v after.

That's kind of the plan. I'm going to start gathering parts and just turn up the boost on my current setup, it's just a super laggy rear mount Setup and is on a small ass turbo. On 5 psi I pull on my friends e36 m3. but my 135i would destroy it

Comment

Might be worth checking over the whole system see if there are any boost leaks/turbines still in good condition. I can't see a rear mount with a small turbo being that laggy.
                      Still would ditch it and get a turbo manifold.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
                        Might be worth checking over the whole system see if there are any boost leaks/turbines still in good condition. I can't see a rear mount with a small turbo being that laggy.
                        Still would ditch it and get a turbo manifold.

I was going to do that this weekend but the 5 year old walboro gave up last night so it's down until the new one comes in. I had it on the lift last weekend but I didn't have time to rig up a boost leak tester so I couldn't get that done. The filter could probably use a cleaning too

Comment

What are you guys Paying for your m50/m52 with harness?

Comment

Flange sits forward of the shock tower, not sure how it would hit ? Not unless they used different engine arms and mounts other than the E36 & E28.

Yeah I Just saw people saying the t4 flange hits the shock tower when the turbo is mounted. Open Downpipe as not a full exhaust? I would have a full exhaust but WG would be open dump.
                            Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Good & Tight View Post
                              Flange sits forward of the shock tower, not sure how it would hit ? Not unless they used different engine arms and mounts other than the E36 & E28.

Turbo hits* not flange. But hopefully The fitment is good because I rather have a T4

Comment

I'm in for pics of this current STS setup!
                                1997 Artic Silver M3
                                CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Working...
                                X