M57 crankshaft in M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M57 crankshaft in M20

M57 has either 88 or 90mm forged crankshaft and it seems to take much punishment without troubles. Here one engine builder (Munich Icons) has installed it to M20 with custom adapters. I think someone could make some money with this concept if the adapters would be reasonably priced. You can get the cranks literally for free this side of the world as the junkyards are full of rotten diesel E39's.

Any comments?

Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw-e21-and-m20b30-engine.jpg
Views:	1097
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	10034512

i've never seen a diesel e39. the market is limited to your part of the world. which is probably why you don't see a similar product.

Comment

I guess it would need an adapter for the damper/crank pulley because they're multi-bolt right?
      I've seen threads on here where it's been done with other diesel crankshafts.
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

No comment on the crank, but goddamn that's a sexy looking M20 + E30 <3

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
          I guess it would need an adapter for the damper/crank pulley because they're multi-bolt right?
          I've seen threads on here where it's been done with other diesel crankshafts.
          Yes the crank snout looks out exactly like any S-series (38, 54 etc), so 4-bolt design instead of single.

Comment

Just use m54b30 or s52b32 89.6mm keep it simple one of those is bound to be available anywhere
            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
            X