Hard line for clutch master cylinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard line for clutch master cylinder?

I feel like this is a dumb question, but I'm not seeing anything explicit, so I figured I'd ask. I'm doing a manual swap on my '91 325iX. I have most of the parts I'll need including the braided line from the slave cylinder "to the clutch master cylinder". I put that in quotes because evidently there's supposed to be a hard line that it ACTUALLY connects to, and I'm not finding that part anywhere. I'm sure it's just something super simple and I'm being obtuse, but i want to make sure I'm not missing a part needed when I finally do the swap.

Pics attached of the one I'm talking about. Any help on what that might be, or what I need to do to source one would be helpful. Never done this, and I'm going on theory and google searches.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

I found this, and apparently I have to bend it? Is that correct?

Comment

yes, those lines do not come pre bent, if you buy it from BMW, or anywhere else. best option is to find someone parting an e24/e28 or e30 and get the hard line.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Buy a section of assembled line of roughly the correct length at NAPA and bend it up yourself with brake tubing bender pliers. They had the right stuff for my E30's rear brake lines so they'll probably have what you need for a clutch line.

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

What you need is an 8" long section of 3/16" dimeter bubble flare (M10x1.0) from autozone. That's exactly what I used for my manual swap.

Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

Working...
          X