Intake manifold runner cleaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake manifold runner cleaning?

so ive got my intake manifold off and theres a pretty good amount of build up in the runners, what did you guys do to clean these or is it even necessary to clean them out?

i just blasted mine out with carb / injector cleaner

Comment

I highly recommend Gumout brand carb cleaner, it works significantly better than others I tried. Noticeabley better.

Comment

thanks guys, i already got most of the gunk off the outside of it, time to take care of the runners next

Comment

wire brushes and solvent / carb cleaner
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Use chemicals to clean the runners. I would speak with a dry ice blasting guy to see if dry ice can knock the carbon deposits out. If not dry ice, you can speak to a sand blaster guy and see if he’d be willing to blast the runners for you.
            1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
            1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Never really bothered with it as long as it wasn't really crusty...

t
              also doesn't clean the outside, either.
              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
              X