No announcement yet.

M20 Injectors - Why use m50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying not to re-revive this thread, but I may be in the same boat as Dodobrown, as sometimes I have a gas smell, and mostly everything is stock, except magnaflow muffler and CAI.
    I have a 325is 88'
    Trying to fix that issue, and to increase power, if i only want to run the usual bolt-on mods, should I just stick with the 17 lb m50 greentops ?

Comment

Originally posted by TC Baur MD View Post
      I bought and installed the M50 bosch injectors, 17lb, for my m20 (with chip) and feel it helped my performance and starts. One of the best upgrades I ever did.

This is where I got my rebuilt ones from.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E36-M3-3...item2ed1d34377
      Your 20+ years old injectors are tired, so of course with a fresh set installed, you'll feel a difference. I rebuilted my stock injectors and see the improvement right away.
      Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Reviving the thread and adding my experience with green injectors car runs great with them idle steady but when my O2 sensor starts to act i got the worse gas mileage runs super RICH, maybe ecu stays at open loop and use the base map and signal width for fuel.

Comment

My experience with both green and pink tops is they don't work in m20 engines very well. My understanding is it's because they Type E twin cone spray pattern designed to be used with 4 valve engines. Each cone sprays on the centerline of each intake valve. Since the M20 has a single intake and the BMW M50 split cone is 17 degree about 50% of the fuel is being sprayed on the lower walls of the intake port. A type C center cone 4 pintle would be a better option. I have had better experience with these on M20 applications.

Comment

Which of these Type C injectors have you used? I just bought green tops and a D'Sylva EAT chip for my M20B25 2.7 stroker build. bleblanc03 | 09.89 Alpine 325is | Find me on the Crest Friday mornings! | @beauschmo

Comment

I am running Bosch 0280150943 which are 19lb at 3 bar and about 17.5 at 2.5 bar (325e FPR). These are found on lots of Ford cars and are yellow top Bosch L jectronic connectors like an e30. Don't get any which does not have both the Ford oval and The Bosch ( what ever it is in the circle). There are tons of "fakes"

Comment

Originally posted by PEZ2 View Post
                My experience with both green and pink tops is they don't work in m20 engines very well. My understanding is it's because they Type E twin cone spray pattern designed to be used with 4 valve engines. Each cone sprays on the centerline of each intake valve. Since the M20 has a single intake and the BMW M50 split cone is 17 degree about 50% of the fuel is being sprayed on the lower walls of the intake port. A type C center cone 4 pintle would be a better option. I have had better experience with these on M20 applications.
                You never want to spray the port with fuel that's how you get liquid fuel into the engine which doesn't burn. A single central cone around 20-25* (iirc) maximum will ensure you hit the hot valve or even better phased to hit the hole (back of valve when valve is open), I always look for stuff used on 2V engines as the easiest way to ascertain a decent spray (without flowing it on a test bench)
                Last edited by digger; 02-15-2021, 08:38 PM.
                89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
                X