M20 torx head bolts

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • eduTechnic
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    what? no they aren't.
    Yes I corrected myself later.

    Sent from my Note 2

    Leave a comment:


  • chrisbmwe30
    replied
    My local bnw dealer wants $4.80 per washer guys! And I think from memory there is 12 or 14 of them I'd rather spend that money elsewhere on the car. Anyone know a good online shop to buy them from?

    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by eduTechnic
    Washers are to be replaced with new bolts.

    Sent from my Note 2
    what? no they aren't.

    Leave a comment:


  • TobyB
    replied
    Get. The. Washers. The right ones. They're reasonably high- tech.

    t

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325
    I haven't. Ever. Have you ever seen how thick the M20 head bolt washer is?
    Maybe I've just worked on janky ass cars lol

    Leave a comment:


  • SmokeE30
    replied
    Agreed reuse old washers all the time but new ones are cheap just order a set new if your gonna have to pay for shipping anyway

    Leave a comment:


  • Cronopoulos
    replied
    Originally posted by MR 325
    You definitely need to run washers guys! You don't need to replace them with new though.
    This

    Originally posted by MR 325
    I haven't. Ever. Have you ever seen how thick the M20 head bolt washer is?
    Annnd This. I have re-used them TONS of times with 0 issues. Your torque wrenches are royally fucked up if you're breaking those washers haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Originally posted by accident
    I've seen enough snapped in half head bolt washers that I'd replace them just for peace of mind.
    I haven't. Ever. Have you ever seen how thick the M20 head bolt washer is?

    Leave a comment:


  • accident
    replied
    I've seen enough snapped in half head bolt washers that I'd replace them just for peace of mind.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    You definitely need to run washers guys! You don't need to replace them with new though.

    Leave a comment:


  • digger
    replied
    im guessing you dont have the preload you should if you have no washers but it is obviously still enough for the abuse it cops.

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    The washers are there to spread the torque more evenly, I'd just buy new ones

    Leave a comment:


  • EatsHondas
    replied
    I was under the impression you don't need the washers at all (they may have been for the hex head bolts). I'm running washerless torx bolts and my motor is fine.

    Leave a comment:


  • dougie30
    replied
    I reused my washers

    Leave a comment:


  • Swanny
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisbmwe30
    Awesome would anyone have any they could sell to ship to Australia?

    Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2
    Lemme count what I have around and we can talk about it! I've seriously been hoarding these things from 3 different engines.

    Leave a comment:

Working...