Aux fan troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahlem View Post
    What happens if there is no ground circuit from the K1 resistor activating circuit when tested with a multimeter checking continuity from the female terminal to the car body?
    C113 ground suspected? I'd prefer not to have to take the fuse box apart.
    What happens if the fan motor isn't grounded? It just won't run. There are only two grounds in the aux fan circuit, G104 for the motor and G200 for the coils in the relays. G104 is the stud on the inner fender near the left headlights, G200 is under the dash. Pretty easy to trace the wire from the aux fan connector to G104, it's only a few feet long.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Since the high speed fan relay works, wouldn't that be an indicator that the G200 ground is OK? I think we have it fairly localized to only the low speed relay. My guess at the moment is that either the connection on the underside of the fuse box to the low speed relay ground circuit is not right or that there is a break in the wire for that circuit some where. We can get the low speed relay to work if we jumper the ground. More multimeter exploration in our near future I guess.

Comment

Working...
      X