Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
    do you mean RD headers?
    no, i was referring to AAF but purely from a quality perspective, size wise they are waaaaaaay off.
    RD are a shadow of their former self IMO
    Last edited by digger; 06-01-2019, 08:20 PM.
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
      no, i was referring to AAF but purely from a quality perspective, size wise they are waaaaaaay off.
      RD are a shadow of their former self IMO
      I have ordered RD (long process so far) just for the sake of o2 sensor placement and some additional road clearance. Have a set of brand new BavarianAuto long tube headers but not sure if that's what I want....They seem to be superior to RD design as far as performance goes but their low clearance will probably be an issue for me. I also want to place o2 in between both banks and on the vertical run (similar to oem design). Long Bavauto headers are pushing 02 way back and lay it flat..something I'm trying to avoid

Comment

I have ordered RD (long process so far) just for the sake of o2 sensor placement and some additional road clearance. Have a set of brand new BavarianAuto long tube headers but not sure if that's what I want....They seem to be superior to RD design as far as performance goes but their low clearance will probably be an issue for me. I also want to place o2 in between both banks and on the vertical run (similar to oem design). Long Bavauto headers are pushing 02 way back and lay it flat..something I'm trying to avoid
        Running the same dbilas cam ?

Got any measurements for those headers ?
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

Comment

Running the same dbilas cam ?

Got any measurements for those headers ?
          switched to schrick 288 for ITBs.

headers specs: 1 3/8” primaries, 2” collector into 2” mid-section

Comment

The question is do you want to boost:
            A) bottom end/midrange or
            B) midrange topend

The RD should suit the itb characteristics better as the shorter length primary is intune at a similar rpm to the inlet manifold. the bavauto should be better in tune with stock intake due to both having longer lengths that tune in at the bottom end mid range.

Comment

The question is do you want to boost:
              A) bottom end/midrange or
              B) midrange topend

The RD should suit the itb characteristics better as the shorter length primary is intune at a similar rpm to the inlet manifold. the bavauto should be better in tune with stock intake due to both having longer lengths that tune in at the bottom end mid range.
              Since this e30 is more of a toy, option B is my goal.

Comment

Since this e30 is more of a toy, option B is my goal.
                Then the RD is likely going to be more suitable. Ofcourse you still need to have the rest if the system done sensibly

Comment

Then the RD is likely going to be more suitable. Ofcourse you still need to have the rest if the system done sensibly
                  now I just need to receive those RD headers...

Comment

Working...
                  X